Bar End Mirror Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar End Mirror Pictures...

So for some reason every time I try to do a search on this stupid computer here at work it gives me an error page. It does the same thing when I post, but it still accepts the post I just need to go back to view it. But for the search I can't get back TO the search.

So anyways, I was trying to search for pictures of bar end mirrors on bikes.

So instead of endlessly fighting with this work computer, I was hoping some of you guys could just post pictures of what you've got for bar end mirrors!!!

Thanks!!!

I got cheapys from Z1...work ok, glass is kinda wavy...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Or you could make a set out of your stock mirrors like I did. I started with a set of EMGO rectangular mirror with the dog leg post.

Sanded them down and primed and painted. I cut the mounting post at the bend in the dog leg and re-threaded the post. ( 10mmx1.25) Cleaned up the locking nuts and welded a 10x1.25 nut in the end of my Dragbars and I got Barend mirrors.

The Tap set (which I needed anyway) Cost me a whooping $35 at Sears on sale. The Metric nuts Where less than a dollar at the Harry Homeowner Store. All and all, a set of barends for less than $40 and they look like theyre meant to be on the bike. Ill post some pics when I get the frontend back together and start the reassemble the bike.

Comment

I've got these. They are stainless steel and absolutely fantastic.

Warning : they are expensive. Cost me $100 each (Australian).

They're called Halcyon and are made in the UK. Google will find them for you.

Comment

Nice everyone.

Those Halcyons are hot Zooks. I'll have to check to see if they make those in black!!!

The home made ones are pretty sweet, too. I don't have much access to welding stuff, though, so that might be out.

Baatfam, do you have any trouble with yours coming loose while riding?? I had a set like that on an older bike and I could never get them to stay tightened enough to actually stay on. I actually lost one while riding once. I think I may have had a bad set though, because I've never heard of it happening to anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimpdiggity View Post
            Baatfam, do you have any trouble with yours coming loose while riding?? I had a set like that on an older bike and I could never get them to stay tightened enough to actually stay on. I actually lost one while riding once. I think I may have had a bad set though, because I've never heard of it happening to anyone else.
            No, but I only put them on the end of last summer...very few miles on them.
            The mounts are cheap and I hope to order a better pair soon.
            I'm thinking the Napoleans are they way to go for a mid priced option.

http://www.customsportclassics.com/dcc180.htm

BTW...I don't know if this is a good vendor...it just came up in a search.

Comment

Here's where I got my Napoleans:

And here's a pic installed:

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                Here's where I got my Napoleans:

And here's a pic installed:

Running clip ons on that?? How's the fit with regards to the tank?? Do teh bars go all the way side to side without hitting the tank??

Looks good, by the way.

Comment

Thanks. Fit is good, bars don't hit tank.

Comment

I had a set of CRG bar-end mirrors on a '79 GS1000.
                    Expensive but great quality. I bought the folding model as garage space is limited.
                    CRG Bar End Folding Mirrors available at BEVEL HEAVEN. A resting place on the net for DUCATI bevel drive factory literature, brochures, adverts, posters... Inside check out a huge gallery of bevel photos, sounds, stories, race bikes, restoration info and more...
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      I had a set of CRG bar-end mirrors on a '79 GS1000.
                      Expensive but great quality. I bought the folding model as garage space is limited.
                      http://www.bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sale-mirror.htm

Wow. Those ones look really nice!!

I like that they fold, too. I might have to think about going with some of these...

Comment

I have the non folding set of crg's. Work great and a bit cheaper. Cyclegear has a set of knock off brand for about $50.

Comment

A few of my mates have these..

Comment

I just bought these. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
                            I have trouble seeing around my shoulders. I think these will do the trick.
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-27-2009, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stiksave View Post
                              I just bought these. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
                              I have trouble seeing around my shoulders. I think these will do the trick.
                              Yup...those are the same ones I have in the picture above...
                              Not to bad, they work.
                              The exposed bolt head doesn't look as good as the countersunk allen head on the Napoleans and the glass is kinda like a fun house mirror.

But still better than looking at your shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                              X