GS1100E Extended Swingarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E Extended Swingarm?

Anyone know if someone still makes extended swingarms for the GS1100E? I'm looking for a swing arm that can still have the stock shocks put on. Not looking for something too extended. Just want a stock fit or maybe and inch or two longer with a fatter tire on it. I was told that cal fab swingarms were the bomb but can't find em anymore. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Most guys are using bandit swingarms(me included); check out my 1st Gen Gixxer conversion thread. They are a little longer (maybe 1" and much beefier and have a clean design than the 1100E alum swinger). The main cost is in the fabrication of bushings for pivot bolt machining off the mono-shock mount and welding shock attachments. Katman does these. It is a little pricy but if you can do the work yourself clean arms can be picked up from ebay for less than $100

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by mikebgs1100e View Post
      Anyone know if someone still makes extended swingarms for the GS1100E? I'm looking for a swing arm that can still have the stock shocks put on. Not looking for something too extended. Just want a stock fit or maybe and inch or two longer with a fatter tire on it. I was told that cal fab swingarms were the bomb but can't find em anymore. Any help would be great!

Thanks!
      if you have 2 1/2" put in your stock arm you wont have to chop your rear fender.
      sound good?
      plus you wont be able to tell its extened at first glance.
      sound better?
      call terry mcintosh,
      he has done i'd say over a hundred of these..one of the best chassis/fabricator's in the country and based out of the dayton ohio area.
      937-687-3936
      if for some reason that numbers not good...google him..he has a website also.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
        if you have 2 1/2" put in your stock arm you wont have to chop your rear fender.
        sound good?
        sound better?
        call terry mcintosh,
        he has done i'd say over a hundred of these..one of the best chassis/fabricator's in the country and based out of the dayton ohio area.
        937-687-3936
        Does he do some additional bracing of the stock arm when he extends? While I guess this can be done, I don't remember seeing any additional bracing; dont happen to have any pics of 1?

Whoops just remembered; Found these ; Does Terry do anything like the photos here?

Last edited by posplayr; 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I have a 3 inch over Calfab arm with a built in air tank for an air shifter. It also has a PM Chicane wheel & the entire brake assembly attached to it. Call me at 714-356-7845 if interested. Ray.

Comment

I saw these extensions at a MC gathering. One on a Busa and one on a ZX14. I couldnt believe you could do that.....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              Does he do some additional bracing of the stock arm when he extends? While I guess this can be done, I don't remember seeing any additional bracing; dont happen to have any pics of 1?

Whoops just remembered; Found these ; Does Terry do anything like the photos here?

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...pictureid=2018
              nope,
              terry's arms (80-83 GS1100) are done and you can not tell he exteneded it unless you measure it.
              2 1/2" over was common because you did not have to modify the rear fender/the shocks still worked/ and it really helped keeping the front end down.
              he can build anything you want for anything you have...
              ask any of the pro-street or shoot out guys..he is the man.

Comment

was looking to extened and lower my gs 750...would any of the info below still be good to use and if there is any additional info that i would need to complete my future task of extending my bike

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                  sound good?
                  sound better?
                  call terry mcintosh,
                  937-687-3936

Here's the website.

Comment

thanks dude.

Comment

Working...
                    X