Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with paint scheme john player special ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with paint scheme john player special ?

right never seen this so i will put it to you chaps and chapesses im thing of spraying my gsx1100esd in the lotus gps john player special colours black and gold got a sprayer mate who will do it including all sponsors done by hand the only thing is, is lotus colours naff on a gsx just thought same era as do not want modern colours all feedback welcome on this as im in two minds

I like the factory ES colors better than anything else Ive seen. Not sure who JP is but what the heck.....give it a go and lets see how it turns out.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

john player special is an old british formula one colour for lotus just thought as being british cundu tribute to me roots but wondering if it would work being bike is jap thats all

Comment

Hi and welcome to the nuthouse. You must be pretty close to me - I'm just south of Farnham.

I'm not so sure the JPS colours will work on your bike unless you add a bit more gold striping - it might be 'too black' if you know what I mean. And don't forget you won't be able to take it inside now with the smoking laws

The only JPS bike I can remember direct from the factory was the wee Puch (no p*ss take intended):

Durex colours might fit better (if you can live with it - )

Only my opinion and the proof will be in the pudding as they say.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

you may be able to work with this colour scheme, 1991 JPS Norton,
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by mr vindaloo View Post
            john player special is an old british formula one colour for lotus just thought as being british cundu tribute to me roots but wondering if it would work being bike is jap thats all

BRG, doesnt get any more British than that!

Comment

The main JPS bike that I think of is the Norton Commando with the twin headlight fairing -

BTW - for those that don't know what our Brit friends are talking about - John Player Special is a tobacco company that sponsored a lot of motor racing in the 70's & 80's. Their signature colours were black and gold but they had others such as the white Norton pictured above.

Comment

That white with some creative red/blue graphics would look pretty sharp on his ES, IMO.....esp. the tail, with the Union Jack etc.

Tony.
                '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Thanks for the facts Zooks-I new it was a special edition, but that was all I knew about it!

Comment

Originally posted by mr vindaloo View Post
                    right never seen this so i will put it to you chaps and chapesses im thing of spraying my gsx1100esd in the lotus gps john player special colours black and gold got a sprayer mate who will do it including all sponsors done by hand the only thing is, is lotus colours naff on a gsx just thought same era as do not want modern colours all feedback welcome on this as im in two minds
                    Well, in the spirit of traditional JPS F-1 cars...I would paint it solid black with the "SUZUKI" logo and "GS1100ES" in gold. Also run a 1/4" wide pinstripe around the lower edge of the bodywork, making it continuous, wrapping it up and around the tail lamp lens. The fender also should have a similar treatment. Gold "John Player Special" logo added just aft of the fairing louvers.

But if it were my GS, and being the All American guy that I am, I'd do it up inthe Shelby scheme. Bright white with two wide saphire blue stipes from the fairing terminating at on the tail piece. Saphire blue for the logo and model graphics. The fender would be white down the center and saphire blue on the sides in a manner similar to the air dam on the Shelby Mustangs.

Comment

Working...
                    X