No announcement yet.

750 ES Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That new old exhaust, looks a lot better than the old one.
    Good find!

Eric

Comment

LOL.. You must have way more patience than me!

I'm glad someone has been able to do it. I was down to bare frame, engine (valve cover removed) and airbox, and we still couldn't get it to clear without rotating the engine (head towards airbox).

The airbox is going back in before the engine goes back too.

Originally posted by Rkt-Rch View Post
      Again with the removal of the engine to take out the air box IS NOT NEEDED.... You DO however have to remove all the engine bolts,pipe,battery/box and various other things to remove it but it does come out and go back in!! I went from pods to a stock air box and ran into the reverse of trying to get it in first... The later when the carbs came back out did the reverse.. IT is a pain but can and was done... Very very tight ....

Orange huh..... I'm still deciding with where I want to go.. Maybe spares of all and have a stock/custom layout with quick release swap tabs/plugs !!! LOL
      Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2010, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 67fire View Post
        That new old exhaust, looks a lot better than the old one.
        Good find!

Eric
        Sure does! All I need now is new o-rings for the carbs, a choke cable and LH footpeg and rearset and I believe I have everything I need to commence the rebuild.

Comment

Hi Everybody!

I'm back. There's been some shenanigans and illness which have kept me from working on my project, but I hope to get 'back in the saddle' very soon. Nothing has changed since my last post 12 months ago. Crikey, has it really been that long? Need to get a wriggle on, don't I?

Comment

Originally posted by beetle View Post
            Sure does! All I need now is new o-rings for the carbs, a choke cable and LH footpeg and rearset and I believe I have everything I need to commence the rebuild.
            I believe I have both of those if you need them.

Comment

I will be following your build, post some more pictures

Comment

One thing that changed while you were away is I joined the forum... and will be following your project. Awesome paint , should be well cured by now

Comment

I've got lots of 83 parts to.Do these things eat choke cables?Almost all of them seem to need them.Another new person since you've been 'away'.Will be watching to.

Comment

Summer is on high here and it was 48 degrees celsius in my garage yesterday (that's about 118 Fahrenheit) so nothing much has happened yet.

Trying to go over the little bits to see where I am at - I simply can't remember what I had to get to finish. I found a bag of needles & seats for the carbs that I don't remember ordering. I got the footpeg I needed and a choke cable from a member here last year. Hmm..

Now - I got some paint from KBS for the frame - some of that ant-rust stuff that is designed for chassis'. My original intent was to powdercoat the frame etc, but I'm still thinking that painting it is an option. The only 'con' for the powdercoat that I can think of is that it can't be 'touched up' after a chip or scratch etc.

Comment

Any progress?

Comment

Sorry to report that I've fallen ill again, so work on the bike has stopped *again*. I will keep going, I'm not giving up on this 750. It just might take a while...

Comment

No worries, your health is more important than the bike mate, you heal up first, you in my thoughts and I am pulling for you.
                          After all, you can't ride the bike if you crook.
                          And the wat things are going here on my side, you probably going to be riding before me anyway.
                          Get well soon.
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X