Neons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
    I really have trouble with this "excessive lighting" crap. :? You wanna light up you vehicle? Fine, as long as you're not blinding other drivers. Maybe the other morons on the road will see me! :roll:
    Me. I just wish they'd aim the damn things. I don't know how many times I get these clowns come up behind and one or both of the lights are blinding me in the mirror. Clue. If you find your headlights are lighting up the car back window in front of you, or you've noticed the colour and DOT sticker on the biker's helmet, and it's past sundown? A little adjustment goes a long way!

Sorry, just needed to rant.

Was down the drag tonight, and saw no less than 3 cars with those stupid lightup windshield washers, and they were all blue. Now, where's that little yuck emoticon? Sick'll work.

Robben

Comment

Originally posted by Al Munro
      Originally posted by mcycle-nut
      I really have trouble with this "excessive lighting" crap. :? You wanna light up you vehicle? Fine, as long as you're not blinding other drivers. Maybe the other morons on the road will see me! :roll:
      Would it be wise to add so many decorative lights that folks might miss your stoplamp or turn signals operating in all that clutter? Rules usually have as their basis common sense, research, and thoughtful deliberation. Often those rules seem foolish until people invest the same time and thought in evaluating their worth as the folks who proposed the rule be made.

Three headlamps, right?
      I was thinking more of side lights and clearance lights my wife had on a van she used to own. LUCKILY when she got nabbed for speeding, they weren't on, as they were wired in with a seperate toggle switch. We got the whole 9 yards about $35 a light, etc, etc. :roll: I could never get an answer WHY. Finally one retired cop told me. It has to do with Transport Canada regulations. The number of lights on the side of vehicle refer to the length, and clearance lights refer to the height.

I know of a woman who has some tastefully placed blue lights on her blue 250 Ninja. They do honestly look good. They could hardly be mistaken for signal or brake lights, and no, they don't flash. I even considered some myself, but I don't need to make my bike more of a heat score than it already is. I did forward the bit about blue lights which you posted, to her.

Three headlamps, right?- Ford Tempo/Mercury Topaz. Two headlights with a light bar in the middle. Decker Harleys. One headlight, two spotlights. Hmmmm. :?
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
      X