No announcement yet.

Yoshimura GSX1135R (EFE) Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure it was a few posts back, but how much was it?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
      I'm sure it was a few posts back, but how much was it?
      $160 shipped. Cheapest you'll ever find.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindless View Post
        $160 shipped. Cheapest you'll ever find.

I would like one for a 750...available?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
          I would like one for a 750...available?
          It's custom made so you get whatever you specify. Length, inner diameter, outer diameter, materials, etc. Just send him a message on eBay here.

He's been very quick to answer my questions both through eBay and mail so you can expect an answer within an hour (granted you have to take timezones in mind).

Comment

K I've got a couple quick questions about your front end...First off...what kind of forks are those off of? they look like ohlins but I can't tell...(very nice though) and second. Did you machine the triple clams yourself or buy them? also your handle bars...I have a similar set but no risers...I'm in the middle of machinning them and I was wondering if you just bought them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamazukahondi View Post
              K I've got a couple quick questions about your front end...First off...what kind of forks are those off of? they look like ohlins but I can't tell...(very nice though) and second. Did you machine the triple clams yourself or buy them? also your handle bars...I have a similar set but no risers...I'm in the middle of machinning them and I was wondering if you just bought them or not.
              Front forks are from a Hayabusa, 2006 years model. Found a complete fork with calipers for virtually nothing, just couldn't pass it up. Thought about buying a set of Ohlins but that's usually between $1000-1500 for a used set.

As for the triple clamps; I assume you're referring to the mounts on the swingarm (and frame) for the shocks? Made them myself.

I bought the handlebar and risers from a local shop that sells anything from bike parts to hand-held powertools. Cost about $100 for the kit. The handlebar is a regular 28mm MX-handlebar (Fatbar).

Comment

As for the triple clamps; I assume you're referring to the mounts on the swingarm (and frame) for the shocks? Made them myself.
                No no, the "triple clamps" are the clamps that hold both fork tubes to the steering head. the two big aluminum parts of the forks that aren't forks.

Comment

No no, the "triple clamps" are the clamps that hold both fork tubes to the steering head. the two big aluminum parts of the forks that aren't forks.
                  Oh, my bad. Not really into the English (American) terminology yet when it comes to these things. I only know them by the name "yokes".

They were custom made by a friend of mine. I drew them up and supplied the materials and he milled them out for me.
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-01-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Oh, my bad. Not really into the English (American) terminology yet when it comes to these things. I only know them by the name "yokes".

They were custom made by a friend of mine. I drew them up and supplied the materials and he milled them out for me.
                    Awesome, I was thinking about doing it but I wasnt sure about it but now I see someone else with them I'm certainly gonna do it...do you know how thick they are from top to bottom?

Comment

Awesome, I was thinking about doing it but I wasnt sure about it but now I see someone else with them I'm certainly gonna do it...do you know how thick they are from top to bottom?
                      Top yoke is 22mm thick and bottom is 40mm.

You'll have to do careful measurements though so you get the correct lead (distance between the center of the steering column hole and the center of the fork legs) as well as a bunch of other stuff depending on what wheels you'll be using and what kind of break calipers.

Comment

Small update. Ordered some fork extensions from one of my dads work colleagues (he's the lathe man). Turned out really nice and clean.

Ups the fork length from 730mm to 785mm.

Holes drilled in order to reach the fork adjustor's. Makes adjustments so much easier to do.

Matches the look of the forks pretty nicely too I think.

Gonna try and get that order for the new camshafts sent out before the weekend. Hopefully they'll arrive in a not too distant future then.

Comment

Small update. Ordered some fork extensions from one of my dads work colleagues (he's the lathe man). Turned out really nice and clean.

That is totally trick . I think I would be temped to annodize gold or powder coat black the extensions but that is the coolest set of forks I have seen for a GS.

Comment

for got to ask; how much for those extension; never seen them except maybe Salty Monk was thinking about something similar

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                              for got to ask; how much for those extension; never seen them except maybe Salty Monk was thinking about something similar
                              Freebie. My dad and the guy who made them trade favors from time to time, this was one of those favors.

Comment

Freebie. My dad and the guy who made them trade favors from time to time, this was one of those favors.
                                Ok cant figure out; is there a split in the extension to allow it to clamp on to the fork?

Comment

Working...
                                X