gs1100gk fuel tank...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100gk fuel tank...

i am having problems with my gas tank and may need a replacement...would an 'L' tank fit? what will slide in with no work to the frame? 1000?

what will fit with just alterations to the frame at the seat end of the tank?
    (welding on a tab) 750?

(no harley tanks, thankyouverymuch)

thanks!

What's wrong with the tank you have ?
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by OhioEric View Post
      i am having problems with my gas tank and may need a replacement...would an 'L' tank fit? what will slide in with no work to the frame? 1000?

what will fit with just alterations to the frame at the seat end of the tank?
      (welding on a tab) 750?

(no harley tanks, thankyouverymuch)

thanks!

I think my 82 GS850G is the same as yours(looks the same). I know for fact the side covers are the same.
      Dont think and L tank will work without lots-o-work.
      Thought about that one myself cause I thought I wanted the smooth look but decided it wasnt worth the hastle.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

L will not fit. Only tank I've seen that is similar is the 850G (exact match) and the 1000E.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
          What's wrong with the tank you have ?
          dented, over the badges. needs to be pulled. i want to know the downside costs if it effes up. a replacement on ebay is gonna get expensive , so i'm looking for possible alternatives...

Comment

Other than a GK tank, the obvious is a G tank.

And you will want an 82 or later, as the mounting changed (on most all?) between 81 and 82, but perhaps you already understand this (as evidenced by your comment about "alteration to the seat end of tank")

Last edited by Redman; 01-09-2010, 06:10 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The GS1100G tank should fit. It's the same bike as the GK, minus the fairing.

Comment

Working...
              X