More of my "industrial" look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More of my "industrial" look

So keeping with my industrial look I am going for..tank is done in truck bed liner..tailpiece done in abrasion resistant semigloss epoxy...and added a little more diamond plate..clutch cover adj.

i like the diamondplate...

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
      So keeping with my industrial look I am going for..tank is done in truck bed liner..tailpiece done in abrasion resistant semigloss epoxy...and added a little more diamond plate..clutch cover adj.

Can't say I like bed liner and really not sure how it will hold up to gas??? It does seem to work with the "industrial style" you are going after. The picture looks clean, I would just caution about doing too much red accent. Looks like something else small at the front wheel would be about it with what you already have. Like red calipers all round . PC paint helps to visualize where that balance is.

The diamond plate is unusual but looks like you have the skills and tools to pull it off; looks good.

Comment

"I would just caution about doing too much red accent."

Yeah the more I look at the tank cap its too much..thats going back to being black like the tailpiece...thanks for the replies..much appreciated!

DDM

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
          "I would just caution about doing too much red accent."

Yeah the more I look at the tank cap its too much..thats going back to being black like the tailpiece...thanks for the replies..much appreciated!

DDM
          I would just take a picture as is and use PC paint (it is built in) to see what is too much. It is really hard to visulize with just none peice like that. Also I find that if you are right at the edge of being too flamboyant,
          it is something you can get used to and develope an acquired taste for. The other option is to not push it as much and end up more mundane.

If you look at the signature at the picture of the GSXR, I have PC painted that bike many times to get the right color combo.

Comment

I like the drilled sprocket cover, pretty sure I am gonna drill the one on my E.

Comment

Im not really a fan of diamond plate but that is amazingly well done. As far as the red accents go id say make the gas cap black and maybe try a red pinstripe around the lip of the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by piester View Post
                Im not really a fan of diamond plate but that is amazingly well done. As far as the red accents go id say make the gas cap black and maybe try a red pinstripe around the lip of the wheels

Thanks for the reply...The gas cap is now sanded and "polished" steel..lol..will see how I like it tomorrow..lol..it does match more along the lines of what I am after...the red was wayyyyyy too much on the tank..thanks for the kudos on the diamond plate!

DDM

Comment

Comment

I like it, have you tested the bed liner stuff with gas on something else? Not that it matters to much my tank isnt cleared proper and I just wipe the gass off it it spills a bit and dont worry about it lol

Comment

i like the bare metal look on the gas cap. do you plan on using diamond plate anywhere else? chain gaurd maybe?

Comment

Maybe some tank louvers to add to the industrial look.

You can lay down a gas slick on hard left handers.

Comment

I like it!
                          I agree with posplyr about the red accents, less is more I always say.

Gonna be a great looking bike for sure.
                          sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                          .................________-|___\____
                          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Skateguy50 View Post
                            I like it, have you tested the bed liner stuff with gas on something else? Not that it matters to much my tank isnt cleared proper and I just wipe the gass off it it spills a bit and dont worry about it lol

I have this same stuff in the back of my Silverado..its had diesel fuel gas oil and everything else in between on it..doesnt affect it at all..

Comment

Thanks again for all the replies..hard to say about more diamond plate..soon as the motor is in the frame I'll get a better idea of how its going to all come together...now am debating having the seat re-done..its in very good shape..1 small tear in the back..with the seat down you dont see it...but I'd like something dropped down in the front a bit talked to a guy here in town..$75 can re-shape and cover the seat for me..with any luck I'll have the engine in next week.

DDM

Comment

Working...
                              X