Vetter Fairing Edging Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vetter Fairing Edging Replacement

Does anybody know where I can find some replacement edging for a Vetter Windjammer Mark IV fairing and lowers? I see there is a kit on the Vetter website for $80 +/-, and another on a Kawasaki website for $90. It doesn't have to be OEM Vetter some aftermarket trim from like an auto store or something would be ok. Thanks

Originally posted by Buster-boy View Post
    Does anybody know where I can find some replacement edging for a Vetter Windjammer Mark IV fairing and lowers? I see there is a kit on the Vetter website for $80 +/-, and another on a Kawasaki website for $90. It doesn't have to be OEM Vetter some aftermarket trim from like an auto store or something would be ok. Thanks
    Can you tell me the thickness of the edge it covers? I may have some..

Comment

I bought the Vetter kit to redo the edging on a Quicksilver fairing a few years ago. When I called Vetter to ask about it, since they didn't have a direct replacement for my fairing, they said I could try a boating supply store for trim. I ended up getting the Vetter so I could be sure of having the right adhesive for the job. I turned out that Vetter's "special" Hotcha Glue is a two part automotive epoxy.
      JP
      1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
      1992 Concours
      2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
      2007 FJR

Comment

Try Pep Boys... they sell rolls of "door edge trim" that has adhesive already in it - you can get different colors & believe the roll is about $12 for around 20 feet of the stuff...

On a related matter, I was looking for some edging to go around my seat pan prior to re-covering it & could not find anything... I tried looking in all the craft & hobby shops, as well as Home Depot & the like. I ended up at Pep Boys & found the door edging & it did the job perfectly.

Good luck,

mike
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

I got mine from JC Whitney. One roll was more than enough to do the fairing and the lowers. Could not tell it from the original. Used 5 minute epoxt to hold the ends only.

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Buddy
          Last edited by Buddy; 02-05-2010, 11:49 PM.
          09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
          83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
          81 GS650G for the wife.
          82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
          I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
          If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
          Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

McMaster Carr.

Self gripping vinyl edge trim

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Scroll down a bit.

Comment

google VETTER ONLINE STORE...its all there.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X