X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
    All I see are palm and cypress trees.

Looks real good Tom.
    Where'd you get the black chrome Zook pipe?
    The pipes are '83 1100E stockers. Got 'em from a fella here.

I'm liking the silver & black theme. I plan to take this bike up to the Oakland Coliseum and sell it to some rabid Raiders fan for like $5K or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post

I'm liking the silver & black theme. I plan to take this bike up to the Oakland Coliseum and sell it to some rabid Raiders fan for like $5K or something.

TOTAL LOL- I know about Raiders fans, could be done, but you WOULDN'T
      WOULD YOU??
      sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
      '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
      '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
      '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
      '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
      '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
      '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
      '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
      '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
      '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
        Gorgeous. First square headlight I've liked. Damned thing looks like it was a factory option.

Actually, seeing some of the factory options from the area, I'd even say better.
        Originally posted by recycled64 View Post
        I've never cared for the square headlights from the first time I saw them at Hayward Kawasaki/Suzuki in the fall of 79, but that set-up COMPLETLY changes my opinion- very nice, really integrates well.
        This is my second square headlight. First was an '81 GS750E I bought new back in the day. D@mn, was I ever that young?

I'm trying to work out a bit of a fitment issue. The inside of the fairing hits the instrument shroud. Leaves me with about a 1/4 inch gap across the top of the headlight. I'm hoping the folks at Rifle will be able to help me out. Worse case, I gotta chop the instrument housing.

I'm in the hunt for a used instrument cluster. I'd rather cut up an old beat up housing, than my nice purdy one. Couple of guys here are trying to help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by recycled64 View Post
          TOTAL LOL- I know about Raiders fans, could be done, but you WOULDN'T
          WOULD YOU??

Not a chance.

Comment

Any chance of bending the gauge mounting bracket(s) up or down to clear the fairing?
            Last edited by Guest; 03-03-2010, 01:51 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Tom .. if you don't find what you need in a used housing let me know .. I may have one.

This is my second square headlight. First was an '81 GS750E I bought new back in the day. D@mn, was I ever that young?

I'm trying to work out a bit of a fitment issue. The inside of the fairing hits the instrument shroud. Leaves me with about a 1/4 inch gap across the top of the headlight. I'm hoping the folks at Rifle will be able to help me out. Worse case, I gotta chop the instrument housing.

I'm in the hunt for a used instrument cluster. I'd rather cut up an old beat up housing, than my nice purdy one. Couple of guys here are trying to help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
                Don't mean to change the subject, but who makes the trunk on the bike?

Looks like it would be a perfect fit on the KG rack that is on my bike.
                It came with the bike. Has mounting brackets that fit perfectly to the rack. Like it's made for that rack. On top of the box it says STLUN. There's a spot for another emblem, but it's long gone.

The rack is made by AMCO. I don't think they're around anymore.

That's all I got. I hope that helps.

Comment

Billy, that or maybe slot the holes. RenoBruce suggested that. Might be worth a try.

Mike, thanks. I give you a shout.

Comment

As far as hitting the gauges, how 'bout just trimming a 1/4 inch off the fairing surround where the trim molding slips on. There's plenty there and the trim would slip right back in place.. That fairing looks good, although a couple of inches off the top of the windshield might look even sportier.
                    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                      As far as hitting the gauges, how 'bout just trimming a 1/4 inch off the fairing surround where the trim molding slips on. There's plenty there and the trim would slip right back in place.. That fairing looks good, although a couple of inches off the top of the windshield might look even sportier.
                      That's not a bad idea. One of the things I'll talk about with Rifle. I would like to get their "blessing".

Comment

5K???
                        Sh!t, they'll just shoot you and it'll cost them nada.
                        Show up wearing a Denver jersey.
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Well done, small, tight, clean lines, I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                            5K???
                            Sh!t, they'll just shoot you and it'll cost them nada.
                            Show up wearing a Denver jersey.
                            A couple of years ago I parked at a pizza joint in Barstow. A couple fellas in Raiders jerseys asked if I wanted to sell the bike.

I told them it would cost more than they paid for the 22's on their Escalade!

Comment

A couple of years ago I parked at a pizza joint in Barstow. A couple fellas in Raiders jerseys asked if I wanted to sell the bike.

I told them it would cost more than they paid for the 22's on their Escalade!
                              Allrighty then
                              Shoot you with a 22
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Nooo!!!

Tom that is Sexy....for a 1100 I look forward to seeing it at the rally this year, but darn it now that you have done it I cannot do it GRRR So annoying.....So if you will not need that windshield of yours interested in letting me procure it off ya?

I do not want to be a lemming and copy ya, but I will take your hand me downs
                                Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X