X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless, Michael, regardless...

Arrogant Old Fart (who is usually right) Nick

Comment

Thank you for the cross-country view at my odometer, oh great sage. I guess the "Not trying to stir anything up" could have been left out of my last post.

Wisdom doesn't always come with age, Nick. To assume that all young men are ignorant and naive is akin to assuming all old men are incontinent and forgetful.

I'd rather be young and foolish than to mess myself trying to remember where I left my diapers.

Love from the land of year-round riding,

-Q!

Comment

But I love to stir things up. Too much fun.

In my not-so-humble opinion, wisdom does come with age, generally speaking. You're just not wise yet. Some young men are wise. Most are not. Not all 55-year-old men are wise; most are much wiser than men in their 20's. I am, in addition to being a wise guy.

And I don't need diapers quite yet.

And I'm right about everything I say in this forum. Ask Scotty!

Arrogant Nick

Comment

Nick,I am neither young nor really all that old either. I have been riding 17 years and find large fairings a pain, as I am then unable to ride supported by the wind and end up with sore wrists etc. this being a particular problem for me with my fused wrist. I find the fairng on my 1150 to be to large and the fairing on my Katana is just about perfect , deflecting most of the wind but allowing enough to support me.
          Dink

Comment

To be old and wise, you must first be young and foolish.

I'm working on the wise part

My S model has a small type fairing. It works pretty well. No leg or lower body protection. At about 70-75 is a good balance. Meaning, the wind is enough to hold me up and not put all the weight on my wrists.
            I ride my buddies Triumph Trophy, huge fairing on it. I don't really care for it. Plus the windshield is so tall I look thru it, not over it.

Chocalte or vanilla? I like mocha
            Keith
            -------------------------------------------
            1980 GS1000S, blue and white
            2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Any fairings I have on my bikes are small. If I wanted to look through a windshield, I'd buy a convertable.

Old, but not dead.

Comment

I have a big, bad Windjammer. I don't look through the windshield. I don't know why you guys assume that all big fairings are meant for the windshield to be looked through.

Nick

Comment

And a recap from the GSR sports polls...

Large Fairings, 1.
                  Small Fairings 6.

It seems that the popluar opinion expressed by these fine folks is that we like a little wind, we don't mind the rain, and kamikaze June Bugs just help to give our leathers that cool weathered look.

You see, motorcycling without the elements is like beer without alcohol. It's like a veggie-burger, or sex with a condom - enjoyable to some degree, just not quite right.. He11, it's like a GS with no charging problems!!

No, seriously - everyone's got their own tastes. If Magictom (this post was about somebody else originally, wasn't it Nick? ) wants a large fairing, then he should get one, and by all means. If you're more comfortable behind your Fisher Price Deflect-O-Matic, then I'm more than happy for your added comfort and confidence in shaking your fist at mother nature. But I'll stick with my small plastics, and will enjoy myself nonetheless, knowing that I own a bike with a less than upright riding position, looking forward to a certain amount of wind to keep my weight off of my wrists.

So again, at 6 - 1, I imagine that common sense truly isn't all that common now, is it?

:P

-Q!

Comment

It doesn't bother me at all to be outnumbered in this forum. The 6 of you will, if you continue riding long enough, come around to my point of view. It's only a matter of time.

I taught math for 30 years; common sense is indeed uncommon -- the least common of the senses... Intelligent people eventually acquire it, in due course.

this post was about somebody else originally, wasn't it Nick?

So what?

Nick

Comment

Public school or private, Nick? Did you earn your paycheck, or simply win a few rounds in the tenure lottery?

Comment

Did you earn your paycheck, or simply win a few rounds in the tenure lottery?

That would be considered an insulting question by most people in my former profession; I'll let it go, however, and dismiss it as an expression of a young man's typical lack of wisdom.

To answer your one legitimate question, and the thoughtless one, go to the following: http://www.ama-cycle.org/features/nickdiaz.asp

Nick

Comment

"He who can does; he who cannot teaches."

As usual, you get things wrong. What Shaw actually said is this:

"Those who can, teach. Those who can't, go into much less significant lines of work".

Let's stop this crap right now, QuaiChangKane.

Nick

Comment

I agree. This is getting way too personal.

BTW, MAGICTOM, I hope you've made up your mind by now.

Comment

Nick, you are ok. Teaching is an honorable profession. You are just a little misguided on shafts and fairings. But that is ok too!

Comment

Thanks, Swanny.

Shafts and fairings rule!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X