Clip on help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clip on help

I am looking at getting a set of clip ons for my 1981 GS 650 E, and I was just wondering if any one has any experience with this. Is it better to put them below the triple or to move the forks up and put them above the triple? Also how does it feel riding compared to the stock bars? Thanks for you help.

Andre

Originally posted by PoppaDre View Post
    I am looking at getting a set of clip ons for my 1981 GS 650 E, and I was just wondering if any one has any experience with this. Is it better to put them below the triple or to move the forks up and put them above the triple? Also how does it feel riding compared to the stock bars? Thanks for you help.

Andre

Best positioning is going to vary by person. Try as many different set-up as you can, and go with what feels best!

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
      Best positioning is going to vary by person. Try as many different set-up as you can, and go with what feels best!

Agreed. Mine are below the triple a bit. I basically have a board with a bit of foam padding for a seat so it's much lower than the stocker to begin with. Once I get my rearsets fitted, they'll probably go down a bit further.

Comment

hey im going through this same dilema. i have a set on their way to me and am trying to decide on top or bottom. althow my bike has a set of clipons from a katana on them on top. just sit on your bike and hold your arms out where they feel right to you

Comment

trial and error. it is very time consuming getting them where you like them and where they work .

comprimises and fabrication ..... comfort and clearance ...

I like to say modified bikes modified problems.
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Riding?

Go out and sit on your bike, bend over and grab the fork tubes and sit there for an hour.

You'll know why rearsets and clip ons go together
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
            X