Bike painted but still kicking my butt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike painted but still kicking my butt!

Well here is the GS400 done in black. I'm still not happy with the paint job but i guess its ok for "government work".

O

Once it was all back together it was time for a ride. Well that's where it all came apart again. I had cleaned and rebuilt the carbs when she first got the bike and it ran like a top if I do say so myself. After sitting for 2 weeks it ran like a demented rhino. Really not rideable for a newbie. Surging, revving like crazy, dying at stops,backfiring, you name it. Mann was I ****ed.

The tank had been sealed by the PO so I don't think there was any gunk getting into the carbs (and I strained the gas going in) but it sure acted that way. I guess I know what I'll be doing(again) Saturday morning.

I guess this bike din't like its repaint.

After I sort this I'm not painting or wrenching again this year. Enoughs enough already.

Cheers all,
    Spyug

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. :O(

Before pulling the carbs, check the breather from the valve cover, my bike was acting up like that last year, and it turned out to be a cracked hose from the breather. $1 in hose, then it ran like a champ.

Comment

Put new plugs in it.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

That IS odd, my bikes usually run a lot better with new paint.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          That IS odd, my bikes usually run a lot better with new paint.
          Yea Cars and Bikes normally run better with new paint; Make them Happy .

Of course I usually started with a beater so it was always a marked improvement

Comment

Working...
          X