My shifter Redesigned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shifter Redesigned

It was actually cracked so I simply took a wire wheel, cleaned the crack, and lightly welded it, then grinded the weld flush, taped off the peg, and peg, took my drill and bit and made 3 industrial divots and painted it flat black, then after the shifter was totally dried, I then redrilled the divots and reinstalled it onto the motorcycle, and then took a new bolt and and tightened it down. Hope that u enjoy my lil styling!

looks good, but not so sure about the duct tape

Comment

duct tape was for covering up the pieces not wanted messedwith while welding and painting I have the rubber shift peg on there

Comment

Is it just my eyes, or, are you missing the engine mount bolt ahead of the shifter? Right under the stator cover.

Shifter looks good.

Buddy
        09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
        83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
        81 GS650G for the wife.
        82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
        I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
        If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
        Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

im in the process of replacing all the bolts and such on the bike and motor, i actually had that bolt out when i took the pic

Comment

i think you should pay some attention to your engine covers as well!
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I am going to start on them next, Thank god for a wire wheel soapy water and elbow grease, so hopefully it will look good to .

this is the brake lever wanted to keep with the styling i got going

Comment

Here is some shots of the gas tank , took a month to get from previous owner, bought some spray stripper and soaked it down for a hour and then did some body work and filled in the dings and badge areas, got it into some primer but still got some lil areas to work over. no I am trying to figure out a color for it, any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                X