Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint. Because there aren't enough threads about it, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint. Because there aren't enough threads about it, right?

Well, I was kinda thinking about a blue for my bike but saw some pictures of other bikes and blue just didn't do it for me. My color-visioned bride suggested red with a light silver set of racing stripes. I have deferred to her on colors and measurement based on eyeballing before. (No BS, she was dead on 1/16th of an inch on whether something was level or not from 20 feet away) Hmmm.... I'm thinking the red with black stripes and OEM sidecover decals from Z1. Any suggestions? Thanks folks.

Red is nice.

So because I am currently frightfully bored at work, and intrigued by your bride's proposal. I did some quick photo-shop work. Were you imagining something like this?

Comment

nice mock up.
      I was thinking same as you and in middle of repaint- see this photo for idea. ripped it off from ducati monster

Comment

Actually, I was thinking of something similar to nutsandbolts but Tim Tom, you have just made the decision more difficult. I really like what you did and appreciate the input from both of you. Well, I've been working on it over a year, what's another few weeks.

Comment

that's right- you don't want to do all the work twice if you don't like the color. to add further items to think about, here is a picture of the side covers. they'll be black to keep the focus on the tank and front/back fenders.

Comment

One of my body shops has offered to paint my bike for free as a thank you for a great deal I gave them on some tools.

I have the original black paint which is hazy and the orange and red pinstriping is flaking like crazy. I'm thinking Audi Blue pearl with a white stripe down the top of the tank and back plastics.

Comment

I think you shoudl follow your significant others lead and go with the red and silver, though red and black woudl be a good choice too. Or, how about school bus yellow for an option?

Comment

This is my favorite scheme for a early 400 bike
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by nutsandbolts View Post
                  I think you shoudl follow your significant others lead and go with the red and silver, though red and black woudl be a good choice too. Or, how about school bus yellow for an option?

Sir, you have hit the nail squarely on the head!!! "cept for the school bus thing, and the black.... but the following the wife's advice. LOL I have actually decided to go with the red with silver in the same pattern as you nutsandbolts. I was thinking a 3 inch "main" stripe with a 1/4" space and then another 1/4" of silver. Is that about what you have? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsandbolts View Post
                    I really like that yellow and black scheme. One day in the future, I'm going to build a cafe racer, and hope you don't terribly mind me ripping off that paint scheme, with some slight modifications, depending on the model of bike chose.

Comment

Please do. I think it works well. I was actually going for a bit more orange in the yellow but you can't be picky when you're paying for off the shelf paint.
                      I'm still wondering how to treat the tank badge. Might hand brush on some silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                        So because I am currently frightfully bored at work, and intrigued by your bride's proposal. I did some quick photo-shop work. Were you imagining something like this?
                        Oh man that is nice... reminds me of one of my all time favorite dirt bikes the 1972 Suzuki TS250

Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ikantbreave View Post
                          Sir, you have hit the nail squarely on the head!!! "cept for the school bus thing, and the black.... but the following the wife's advice. LOL I have actually decided to go with the red with silver in the same pattern as you nutsandbolts. I was thinking a 3 inch "main" stripe with a 1/4" space and then another 1/4" of silver. Is that about what you have? Thanks.
                          Yep. Very close, 2.5 inches down the middle, then the same as you have. send some pictures if you do it!

Comment

Working...
                          X