turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signals

what are you guys using for a shorter more tight look? thought about cutting mine down but seems to be alot of work for little gain

Take a look at my photo album, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...hp?albumid=839 I changed mine about six months ago, it worked out great. The signals are no longer the focal point whenever you look at the bike, the new ones are nice and small while at the same time nice and bright. The only drawback is that my front signals are no longer used as running lights, doesn't really matter to me but others might think differently.
    One other thing, my auto cancelling no longer works.

Hope this helps.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

were did you get them? my auto cancel if a 50 50 shot if it works anyways. looks nice

Comment

I used the stock set and removed the shaft. Tucks them in real nice and close. I'm also able to put them back together if I decide to. BE CAREFUL if ya do this. I broke one removing the shaft. Good think I already had new mini-lights up front.

Comment

Originally posted by unclebeaner View Post
          were did you get them? my auto cancel if a 50 50 shot if it works anyways. looks nice
          Here is a link to a thread I had started a little while back which gives information on the turn signals, there are only two pages to it so it wasn't very long but it has information about the turn signals and the flasher relay that I ended up using.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Let me know if this helps you, I can also give you info on how I mounted everything if you need it.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

will do i think im going to remove the shaft showen in the thread. i think its neat using stock parts

Comment

I wish I had actually taken pics of me takin it apart. It's pretty easy but again, be careful. Do you plan on doin this mod to both front and rear signals?

Comment

yes sir

Comment

im thinking about putting an integrated tail light on. Its a running light, brake light, turn signals, and license plate light all in one fender mounted unit and its all LED, then some LED signals to match up front. Thats the plan anyways after the mechanical side of the project is done.
                  ---Eric

Comment

yes i do ill tear it apart on my new day off when ever that may be

Comment

What Wacky941 has on his is very similar to what I had on my old GZ250.
                      Sport bike signals work really well and they're pretty cheap..and brighter! Least mine were don't remember who made them though.

They're easy to tuck away as well if you wanted that hidden look when not in use.

Comment

What bike are you talking about??? Some bikes, like the GS1100's have longer & shorter stems for different models & front or rear placement. In my opinion, using the front turn signal stems from an "80" or "81", GS 1100"E", on the rear of any 4 valve GS 1100 improves the looks more than you can imagine, & still has the look like it came from the factory that way.
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                        X