Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I will be doing this now.

Comment

I've got some DDMtuning HIDs on my car with some Hella ECE housings (200mm Rectangle).
      Firstly, I will say the kits are a great value and work wonderfully.
      Secondly, I got the 55W 6000k hi/lo, and it is amazing how much I can see.

Unfortunately (for others), due to the nature of my housings (which are E-code standard) the 55W glare inside of the housing too much and put a bit of glaring light higher than they should. In retrospect, I think 35W would've sufficed. Still a worth while mod IMO, and I'm looking at getting a set for the GS in the future.

Comment

I got a kit from another vendor that was advertised for bikes (there was a similar discussion to this one on the Concours forum) and put it on my Concours. I love the light output. It's a 55W bi-xenon 5000K bulb, so both low & high beam are HID.

I picked up a Vetter fairing this week & when I took it apart I saw the headlamp housing was rusted at the bottom. I'm getting a 7" Bosch replacement and will use the extra HID bulb (perfect fit into the housing) & ballast I got in the kit to retrofit the Windjammer. I'm working on redoing the internal wiring & connectors, and will post a new thread with pics when it's completed.

Comment

Where are the pictures?
          Al Jones
          82 Suzuki GS850GL
          97 Suzuki TL1000S
          "Godspeed and may your rubber not fail".
          Bill Cosby - "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
          sigpic

___ -\
          (O)--(O)

Comment

Not to take anything away from the HID fans, but anyone who wants a significant upgrade over a standard H4/9003 Halogen need only purchase a Silverstar bulb to get a "night and day" improvement! Mine has been on the bike for six years without failure. I normally run the high beam except at night, which saves the low beam filament and reduces the chance it'll die when I really need it. I also saved $$ by purchasing a "two pack" at a better price than two single bulbs would have been ... and I always have a spare bulb on the bike should the first one fail!

No issues with legalities or light diffusion because the Silverstar bulb is a direct replacement (assuming, of course, that you've already upgraded the bike to an H4 housing from the OEM sealed beams... As much as I like the idea of a "burn your eyes out" HID system, the Silverstar comes close without any of the downsides Bakalorz mentioned in his excellent review of the technology.

Hope this is useful!

Regards,
            Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2010, 12:33 PM. Reason: fixed a typo...

Comment

I'm using silverstar bulbs right now. I just want to see what these look like on a GS.
              Al Jones
              82 Suzuki GS850GL
              97 Suzuki TL1000S
              "Godspeed and may your rubber not fail".
              Bill Cosby - "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
              sigpic

___ -\
              (O)--(O)

Comment

Working...
              X