Fork Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Bags

Anyone know where to find fork bags that are NOT leather? Anyone seen anything cool? I would like to find a little black nylon one, even considering a triple tree bag, but not willing to go leather.

Originally posted by Demonthrall View Post
    Anyone know where to find fork bags that are NOT leather? Anyone seen anything cool? I would like to find a little black nylon one, even considering a triple tree bag, but not willing to go leather.
    Just bought one for Kparkfan for a thank you present.. Think it was a Chase Harper purchased from New Enough's luggage section.. nylon.. comes in blue black or red.. Good bag and cheap!

Comment

oh very nice! thank you sir!

Comment

cool another from MN...we really need a MN meet/ride...

DDM

Comment

Please be careful with fork-mounted bags.

Besides the obvious factor that they might hit the fender on a BIG bump, rumor has it that there is a LOT of air coming over the fender, headed for your engine.
          If you want to restrict how much air gets to your engine to cool it, that's fine, but I choose not to install one on any of my bikes.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Besides the obvious factor that they might hit the fender on a BIG bump, rumor has it that there is a LOT of air coming over the fender, headed for your engine.
            If you want to restrict how much air gets to your engine to cool it, that's fine, but I choose not to install one on any of my bikes.

The bag that we got for kparkfan is pretty cool because it's basically universal, so you can mount it just about anywhere.
            IIRC, he has his mounted right in front of the beauty cover for the forks right under the headlight. It doesn't block off anything there.

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
              cool another from MN...we really need a MN meet/ride...

DDM
              Absolutely! or at least a tuning party! do you have a manometer? I;d like to do better than bench synch for once

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Yeah, I definitely see that point. Do you have any experience with triple tree location? I basically just want a bag for the basic tools, as well as big enough to throw maybe sunglasses, chapstick, garage opener in.

Comment

Originally posted by kinnet View Post
                  The bag that we got for kparkfan is pretty cool because it's basically universal, so you can mount it just about anywhere.
                  IIRC, he has his mounted right in front of the beauty cover for the forks right under the headlight. It doesn't block off anything there.
                  I can see this point too. If it's smsall enough, and I tuck it right under the headlight, will it cause too much Steve?

Comment

bump bump bump

Comment

If you are concerned that much about it you might consider a triple tree bag or a universal barrel bag. The barrel bag could be mounted on the side of the bike where a saddle bag would normally go. Or really anywhere you'd want to put it.
                      Just a couple ideas for you.

Comment

Mine hasn't caused any problems for me. I really like it. It holds my tools, my smokes, couple of spark plugs and I still have plenty of room for other things in it.
                        I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
                        1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

I got a bell bicycle bag from walmart for $10.00. Not water proof, but that's why I have a ziplock in there to keep papers and phone in. Velcro mount and zipper closure. It's below the headlight, oil temp still reads like it always has.

Comment

Originally posted by dcil View Post
                            I got a bell bicycle bag from walmart for $10.00. Not water proof, but that's why I have a ziplock in there to keep papers and phone in. Velcro mount and zipper closure. It's below the headlight, oil temp still reads like it always has.
                            Nice idea! I was actually thinking of making my own. I am no seamstress, but my fiance is... and I REALLY like the idea of choosing my own material, and making it the exact size and fit I want. I want it to be waterproof too.

Comment

dennis kirk and j & p cycles has aot that look like leather but r not. worth a check. Im 51 years old and been running fork bags under headlights for longer then some people on here been living and never had temp problems on air cooled ujm bikes ever. what hurts air cooled bikes is sitting still running. Go to bike week at the beach in hot weather on the main drag with bumper to bumper stop light traffic. There u can see bikes starting to break down due to heat related problems. I dont do that to my bikes at all if i go i park and watch others ruin their stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X