GS250 tank on 550???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS250 tank on 550???

Tired of trying to get the lines right/rattle can paint right on my 550 chop...found a GS250 tank on ebay for dirt cheap inside looks clean tin work is straight and all is well except for a very minor dent towards the center bottom, and the tunnel looks the same.

Thinking of buying it and letting a pro do the body work and paint cause I'm just flat out sick of doing it myself. The question is: Does anyone know if the GS250 tank can just be bolt on swap to the GS550?

Also anyone know fuel capacity for the 250 tank I have searched and have been unable to find this info.

Thanks in advance to all replies!!

Gonna guess 3 to 3 1/2 gallons ..

Edit .. 2.9 including reserve (which is 2.1 quarts)
    Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Sweet! Thans a bunch thats perfect!

Now if someone just knows if it'll fit the same haha

Comment

If you are going to have someone paint it... Then no worries in making it fit

Comment

i have two 550l tanks if u might be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingSteve View Post
            If you are going to have someone paint it... Then no worries in making it fit

Steve not exactly sure what you meant but I was just going to bring the painter the tank not the whole bike..and shes far from stock so the tank has to fit the same way as the stock 550 tank otherwise I'd be redoing mounts on the frame, redoing the seat, the bars....too much of a pain

Originally posted by jakeolsen View Post
            i have two 550l tanks if u might be interested.
            Jake what years are the tanks from? Mine is a '77. Also dents, dings etc? Thanks!

Comment

Well I ended up buying the GS250 tank, seller said I could return it if it doesn't work out.

I'll post my results/findings when I get it on Friday in case anyone else has a chop and was looking for a different shape to their tank and has with the stock tank location points

Comment

Did it fit?

Comment

I just ordered one as well. Did you have trouble installing? Any advice would be great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X