1981 GS850L tank badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS850L tank badge

It appears like someone has waxed over the tank badge on the tank. So there is a white build-up of wax on the pebble grained background of the badge, does anyone know of an easy way of removing the white wax build-up on the background of the badge? Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same issue.I tried goo gone but residue reappeared after drying.I think I'll try soaking next
    Can't put these cruddy things back over new paint job!!

Comment

remove them from the tank (don't lose the little screws) and use dish soap, water & a toothbrush...

good idea to use some thread locker (blue) on those little screws when you re-install them.
      '85 GS550L - SOLD
      '85 GS550E - SOLD
      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
      '81 GS750L - SOLD
      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

if you used an all purpose cleaner with tooth brush and then a waterless wash with a tooth brush all should come off. I use Adams Polishes but other brands should work as well

Comment

My preferred method

I have had great success on all manner of badging using hot water with some dish soap and a firm bristled toothbrush.

I find the key is to use hot water to "melt" the wax, and the soap keeps it from reattaching itself once it is scrubbed off. Works great, easy, and cheap. No expensive and/or exotic cleaners needed.

Comment

Working...
          X