1981 GS and Katana frame differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS and Katana frame differences

Was really trying to see how difficult it would be, to bolt up, 81-82 Katana body work to a 1981 GS frame ? ??

I've never done it myself but it's best if you sell the one you have now and get the bike that you want. Sure katanas look better than a GS, in my opinion, but GS's can look cool too if done right

But if you insist, take a look at these pictures. Here's the gas tank:

And for the seat, just take a look on ebay. Some people have detailed photos of it. Look at the mounting points and compare it to your GS if you are just looking for a bolt on.

Comment

You can take a look here too. http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm
      Just find the diagram for the two bikes then compare.

Comment

got my answer, thanx

Comment

Can you share it with us?

Comment

Not too easy, I suspect....

Comment

The tank fits with no problem. It looks like the fairing stay will work too. Do it! G.

Comment

Oops! I tried it on an '83 GS1100E. My mistake.

Comment

no simple swap by any means. front tank mount is further back than stock gsx tank .the stock gsx tank has a 3 point mount system whilst the kat works on a four point system.
                  still though with some time, effort and skill with a welder anything is possible
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saffa View Post
                    no simple swap by any means. front tank mount is further back than stock gsx tank .the stock gsx tank has a 3 point mount system whilst the kat works on a four point system.
                    still though with some time, effort and skill with a welder anything is possible

This is true. . . . I already have the frame, and was looking for it to be a low budget project. Between finding parts and fab work this project alone would more than what I want to put into it.

If I come across a 82-83 frame, I will reconcider . . .

Comment

Working...
                    X