Getting there slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting there slowly

So after 9 months of cutting and grinding I finally got her back on her own two feet again, still have a long way to go.
    little run down on what I am doing
    7/11
    Katana front end
    GSXR rear end
    GS1000 tank
    will end up being turbo charged
    This is where I am so far

looking good mate, keep it up and keep the pics coming
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Looks nice, what frame bracing did you do up front?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Looks nice, what frame bracing did you do up front?
        Not much up front just the bar across the the front under the headers and the main braces under the tank

Comment

the front frame brace wont make any difference at all as that is a main engine mount anyway and the gussets on the top frame tubes will do nothing apart from hinder your access to carb removal etc
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I'm still mad at my dad getting rid of our old but still working oven away

I like the newly painted parts. Love the fat rubber too But then again, a turbocharged motorcycle... I drive a turbocharged car (647 HP) and that's pretty scary already. I bet that turbocharged bike would be like a rocket x100!!! Good luck with your bike. It's already looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
              I'm still mad at my dad getting rid of our old but still working oven away

I like the newly painted parts. Love the fat rubber too But then again, a turbocharged motorcycle... I drive a turbocharged car (647 HP) and that's pretty scary already. I bet that turbocharged bike would be like a rocket x100!!! Good luck with your bike. It's already looking good.
              Thanks, I am hoping with the turbo if everything goes correctly to get around 180-200hp. Got allot left to due before the turbo gets bolted on though.

Comment

Working...
              X