No announcement yet.

Original seat cover replicas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I cought that. I ordered a cover for my skunk. I would like to order some for '79 through '81 GS850G / GS1000G. I have Saddlemen seat covers on 3 of mine, two of which are pretty darned clean otherwise.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well yours fits once you have completed it. I have installed lots of motorcycle seat covers. Every darned one of them is a bit off center. It is tough to get them extremely straight.

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
    Good question. The parts fiche at BB show the same part number for both years. While pit-replica's quality is good, the accuracy of their ebay ads AFA model displacement and model years is a bit umm, haphazard. For example, the cover they made for me shows that it fits 1000 machines and that it fits 81 1100 machines, both of which are incorrect.
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
      just wondering if anyone has any pics of the Pit Replica seat cover installed.
      Here is my PhotoBucket pics, including the installation of the cover by bwringer:
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

The first pic shows the high-density foam bwringer installed, which is why he has the electric knife out cutting the OEM foam.
      Other pics show the underside of the cover and the original cover installed on the bike.

Comment

here is mine travelcade it was listed for 80-81 E but it fit my 82 E just as well, quality so far seems to be pretty good and i like simple design.

Comment

Working...
        X