Whatcha think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatcha think?

I was able to spend the holiday weekend at home so I took advantage and reassembled my HJC helmet after having it painted, I took some quick pictures of it before I left home again.

Whattaya think?

The only other thing I should have done is paint the vent screens black and outline them in black.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Here are some more pictures of different views.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

That's a sweet looking lid!
      What color is that?

Comment

DANG, NEVER THOUGHT TO PAINT MY HELMET, AWESOME IDEA. im all over this......

Comment

Originally posted by Macguyver View Post
          That's a sweet looking lid!
          What color is that?

It's actually the matching color for the original maroon '82 GS1100EZ which turned out to be the same as a 2010 Dodge Ram pickup truck with the color of Inferno Red Crystal Pearl, here is a link to a previous posting I made for the color http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=160664

Comment

Originally posted by SKD View Post
            DANG, NEVER THOUGHT TO PAINT MY HELMET, AWESOME IDEA. im all over this......

It all started from a conversation that 1100E and I had about an original Bell Star helmet from a 1982 promotional deal where they would give you the helmet with the purchase of the bike.

Just so you'll know, these helmets are a pain in the butt to disassemble but even worse to reassemble, but I highly recommend it, it's your helmet make it yours!

Comment

I've been so wanting to do this but know nothing about painting. What paint/prep did you use/do? looks great.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hi,

Yeah, I should have had the guy paint my helmet while he was painting my bike. Next time.

Your hat looks good. I think the metal vent screens look sharp.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  I've been so wanting to do this but know nothing about painting. What paint/prep did you use/do? looks great.

A friend of mine does the painting for me, I tell him what I want, go out and buy the materials and give it all to him, this guy is an artist when I get home I'll have to see if I can scrounge up some pictures of his other work, it's great.

Comment

Working...
                  X