Bike master ltd bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike master ltd bars

I have a GS550L and I was wondering if anyone had installed these bars and could give me an idea of how they fit and how they compared to the stock bars?

I don't know if this will help, but I was looking at a comparison chart from another vendor who lists different bar styles and their specifications. The "stock" bars on my '83 GS 1100 ES have the following dimensions:

Width = 28", Rise = 4-1/4", pullback = 4-1/4", Center = 4 - 3/4"

The LTD this vendor carries has the following dimensions:

Width = 30", Rise = 4-3/4", pullback = 7-1/4", Center = 4 - 3/4"

So Basically these are wider, higher, and a whole lot farther back. I don't know what that would look like, or even how they would feel for handling, but it's a given you would need to replace brake lines, clutch cable and your switches would need work to extend the wiring.

Comment

Yea but hes putting it on an L that has buckhorns and long cables...

OP, not sure really. I got Daytonas on my L and when I bought it didnt have the oem bars so not sure what they are like for sure.

Comment

GTGS,
        I put that bar on my 850GL, no problem. I tried a few bars, wasn't totally happy, found a bar in a Honda shop that looked promising. Got it home, and it was PERFECT, oh, except that it was a 1" bar. So, tried the LTD. A little finagling, but I like it. I'm short, though, 5'9", so factor that in.
        Bob K

Comment

Working...
        X