Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bars..Again!

Im not sure if this is the right section for this, but>

Is changing your handle bars a D.I.Y job on a GS?
    Or am I better off buying them and getting my local garage to install them?
    I still cant make my mind up on drag or clubmans....My fear is that the clubmans would be too low, and maybe look bad on an other wise stockish 750....
    Any advice would be a great help,
    Thanks in advance.

Probably gets asked a lot, but thats what forums are for.

Change them yourself but if you go to drastic of a swap you might be better off with shorter cables. Some slack can be made up just routing the cables a bit different but try them where they are first and see.

One things to note is taking off and reusing old grips is a pain and new ones are cheap. I got new grips for $10 and new bar for $20 from Z1, made it much easier just cutting off the old grips.

Try just sitting on the bike and see where your arms feel most comfortable in the air, then see what bars get you the closest to that. If you are thinking drag or clubman I would say start with drag... clubman would def need new lines and drag might be close.

Comment

Definitely a do it yourself job, it's only hard to do if you make it hard to do.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

You could try some Jota bars - gives you a fair bit of adjustment:

79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Very nice, and solve my problem, but £89.99 (107euro, $136) + shipping costs. A bit on the high end for bars for me im afraid...Clubmans and drag bars going alot cheaper on ebay.

Comment

Well I went for the drag style bars in the end. Ordered them yesterday and a new set of grips so should have em on next week, and I will post a pic or two.

Is there anything I need to look out for apart from the cables when changing over the bars & grips?

Thanks!

Comment

If you've never done much work on your bike before, or even if you have, make sure to cover up your tank while you do the change over.

Comment

Working...
              X