fork brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fork brace

ok i think this thing above my front fender is a fork brace of some sort, well im about to replace my front fender and was wondering if theres anything out there a little more appealing to the eye..lol...

stock brace on mine is on the inside the fender so you really dont see it not sure if it is as strong though. if you decide to get rid of it let me know cause i really like the look

Comment

Yes, that is an old style fork brace. Finding a new-style is a bit difficult for our bikes, unfortunately. The Telefix is the cadillac of braces.
      spec II, expansion, chambers, sprockets, tuning, motorcycles, handlebars, bearings, bushings, swingarm, reed, cages, fairing, chassis, clip-ons, clutch, kit, coils, RD, RZ, RZ350, RD350, RZ350, RD400, Daytona, Yamaha, steering, damper, brake, discs, engine, parts, fenders, carbs, carburators, flatslides, Mikuni, jets, main, Kawasaki, handgrips, buttons, Honda, Kawasaki, Hawk, brake, lines, stainless, steel, braided, pads, piston, powerjets, rearsets, porting, crank, work, shocks, Fox, slip-ons, YSR50

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        Yes, that is an old style fork brace. Finding a new-style is a bit difficult for our bikes, unfortunately. The Telefix is the cadillac of braces.
        http://www.spec2.com/clips.html#braces
        micron were far superior than telefix. much more ridgid and better fitting, maybe the ferrari of fork braces
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          micron were far superior than telefix. much more ridgid and better fitting, maybe the ferrari of fork braces
          Plus another vote for Micron braces. Don't know if you can still buy them now. Maybe the Maserati of fork braces (like a Ferrari but a bit better.....well that was the case with the Merak SS )?
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

The key to them all is "was". You may be able to find a used brace of some type on Fleabay. I found a used one for my KZ750, don't remember what brand it was.

Comment

I kind of like the look of it too...Id keep it.

Comment

I have one on my project '79 gs750--I like the look--Not sure how well it will work--bike not currently running--I don't remember the brand name

Comment

LOL, 129.95 AND IT DOESNT EVEN SHOW IT, hmmmm...ok im gonna give them a call. its gotta be better than the stock one...

Comment

This is what they look like:

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                      This is what they look like:
                      they are crap, look crap, dont fit properly and you will get more strength taping a piece of cardboard between your forks
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Bought mine from fastfromthepast,com

Toddk
                        $99.00 plus shipping, nice piece
                        1979 Suzuki GS1000always wanted one, 1983 Honda CB1100F Hot Rod(does that show my age), 1984 Kawasaki GPZ750(rain bike)

Comment

What about Tarozzi?
                          I have heard the name around here a bit, and i am considering one.

Comment

That is what Toddk is pointing to.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddk View Post
                              Bought mine from fastfromthepast,com

Toddk
                              $99.00 plus shipping, nice piece

So you are happy with this...?

Was installation difficult? I remember reading here that you have to put these on very precisely or else...

also, I am having trouble figuring out which part number pertains to an 82 1100EZ. Suppose I would have to call them

Comment

Working...
                              X