seat identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat identification

Can anyone identify the seat in this pic.
    It almost looks like a modded Katana seat which is what I was thinking of doing for my build, but have not made up my mind yet.
    Is this a after market or custom?
    I really like the way this seat looks!

Given the large number of mods to that bike, I would say it was custom built. It may use the stock seat pan, however.

Comment

seat

lookks like katana seat to me

Comment

Thats kinda what I thought. Just wasnt sure if i was missing some secret seat that I have never seen before.
        I have a katana seat it looks like he just trimmed the front portion off and maybe trimmed the sides up a little and then had it recovered.

Comment

Maybe he put the katana foam on the original gs pan--quality job on the entire bike!

Comment

Seems to me it would be much easier to mod a peice of foam from the GS than to mod a pan from a Katana.
            My vote goes to modded foam.
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
              Seems to me it would be much easier to mod a peice of foam from the GS than to mod a pan from a Katana.
              My vote goes to modded foam.
              +1. He could even have started out with a larger piece of new foam and carved it into the shape he wanted. Then all he would have had to do is have it upholstered.
              He spent a lot of money on other mods, the seat mod would have been cheap in comparison.

Comment

I just had a seat done by Lee at New Image in York, PA. He starts with your stock pan and foam, then sculpts from there to whatever you want (within physical limits, of course). After shaping your foam, he adds higher density material for comfort.

Attached a pic of mine. I asked him to lower the front, raise the rear, and widen if possible (for comfort on longer rides). Done in two materials for contrast. I have no complaints with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by rcoville View Post
                  I just had a seat done by Lee at New Image in York, PA. He starts with your stock pan and foam, then sculpts from there to whatever you want (within physical limits, of course). After shaping your foam, he adds higher density material for comfort.

Attached a pic of mine. I asked him to lower the front, raise the rear, and widen if possible (for comfort on longer rides). Done in two materials for contrast. I have no complaints with the results.
                  Looks like you are ready to do some serious cruising!!

Comment

I need a seat for a 1983 GS850g, the base of mine is beyond repair.

Does anyone know what else will fit?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bohane View Post
                      I need a seat for a 1983 GS850g, the base of mine is beyond repair.

Does anyone know what else will fit?

Thanks.
                      Post something in the wanted section. You'll get more hits.
                      sigpic

82 GS850
                      78 GS1000
                      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                      .................________-|___\____
                      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
                      X