new here, fairing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here, fairing question

Hi, I am new here, Name is Patrick, 20 years old, just got a 1981 gs850g in trade, first road bike, have had dirtbikes and atv's and mopeds, but this is my first road bike. Anyway, I got the bike and it has this huge fairing on it, and after looking online for days I cant seem to find a maker or model for it. I want to take it off and return the bike to stock looking, as I like the look better, and maybe add a maier sport fairing. If anyone has any info it would be great. Thank you.
    -Patrick

I saw a t-shirt on ebay today with a GS on the front with a very similar front fairing.
    Bit big to be honest (the fairing, not the shirt!) I wouldnt be too gone on it. Dont blame you for wanting it off.

Comment

It looks like it might be a Pacifico fairing. Not sure on the spelling. Not sure if you could find some information by doing a seach on the internet.
      80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Yeah, it might be a Pacifico fairing. They look similar.

This here is a Pacifico Aero fairing.

Comment

Yep, that's a Pacifico, but it's not the Aero model. Not sure which model it is though.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Yep, it's a Pacifico Shadow.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for all the help, I am pretty sure that it is a pacifico shadow now, I am only the third owner of the bike, were they an option on suzuki models?
              I am pretty sure I am going to remove it, as well as the sissy bar and luggage rack, maybe sell them to fund for a new headlight and smaller fairing. I'll have to play with the wiring a little bit because it has a dimmer and headlight switch on the fairing itself, not sure if it came that way or was altered.
              Once again thanks for helping me find a brand name.
              -Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Broke96 View Post
                ..., were they an option on suzuki models?
                The Pacifico Shadow, along with the Vetter Windjammer and a host of others, was merely an aftermarket accessory that was available for virtually all motorcycles of the day. Some Suzuki dealers might have also been dealers for Pacifico and offered one along with the bike, but it was never a factory-authorized option.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks, I just read up on the fairing and it said pacifico made fairings for yamaha, so I wasn't sure if they made them for suzuki's aswell.
                  Just another quick question, how does the stock headlight mount up?
                  I saw that they have ears that bolt to the side of the light, but do they bolt up to the triple trees or attach to the fork tubes? Want to make sure I get everything I need to swap the fairing out beforehand, don't want to be light-less.

Comment

The stock one attach to the fork tubes and have a mount point for the headlight. Check out Bike Bandit or Parts Shark for a break down. There are after market mounts that are a lot cheaper and easier to install. With the stock one you have to pull your forks out of the triple clamps. You will also probably need a headlight shell.
                    80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Working...
                    X