spoked rims on the 82 GS1100E??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoked rims on the 82 GS1100E??

spoked rims on the GS1100E? Anyone have this?

I found only one example of this...
    And now for something completely different. With its first appearance now occurring on the “I Love Cafe Racers!!!” blog, let me introduce the somewhat funky GS1100E cafe racer. This is …

Yup....I do on my '82....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

nice bob, now how about on that 83!!

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
        spoked rims on the GS1100E? Anyone have this?

I found only one example of this...
        http://caferacers.wordpress.com/2009...0e-cafe-racer/

That bike was for sale on ebay not too long ago, I guess he didn't get what he wanted for it. Me personally, I don't care for that look on the street version, the drag version ala baatfam looks good.
        I have an '82 but like the rim style of the '83.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

I digg it.

I have an 82 with an 83 front rim and a widened 83 rear that is 5.5 inches wide. i recently picked up a set of spokes and cant wait to bolt them up.

Comment

I like the spoke look better than the cast 6 spoke snow flake look. Of course I'm ignoring the issues with keeping them true.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiguybri View Post
              I have an 82 with an 83 front rim and a widened 83 rear that is 5.5 inches wide. i recently picked up a set of spokes and cant wait to bolt them up.

Are the 82 /83 rims NOT the same? How is it you have a widened 83 rear? and.... Hell Yeah.... make sure to post some pictures of them spokes!

Comment

"
                There were two racing models worthy of note:
                1. GSX1000 (circa 1981) - a now very rare model with more aggressive camshafts, flat-slide carburetors and wire wheels homologued for then international superbike racing rules;
                2. GSX1100SXZ (circa 1981) - also with wire wheels, more aggressive camshafts but with CV carburetors. This model was designed for production racing in a number of countries, including Australia and South Africa. Legend says there were 500 made, though it may be up to 800. Chassis numbers began with GS110X-100388. The 1100s were raced with mixed success in Australia in 1981, but rule changes for the 1982 Castrol 6-Hour production race saw teams scrambling to find 1000cc versions.
                The wire wheels were preferred in 1981 for two reasons:
                1. Lighter than the then cast wheels;
                2. Better choice of tires at the time for production racing, which included 19-inch front rims.
                Wire wheel Katanas are legendary in Australia, though would-be buyers are warned that many Kats were retro-fitted with wire-spoked wheels.

Comment

Probably a slim chance of it happening with normal power but a buddy with a 9 second street turbo Z1 ripped the center out of a spoked wheel going into 3rd gear at Gainesville Raceway . Quite a thrill ride. I guess the fact that he ran it for 10 years adds something in there to

Comment

From an ad:

Comment

The stock spoke wheels off the GS1000/750 are smaller across than the 1100. You have to run a 120 rear tyre.
                      From memory they are both 18" front & rear or maybe only the rear is 18"....
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                        The stock spoke wheels off the GS1000/750 are smaller across than the 1100. You have to run a 120 rear tyre.
                        From memory they are both 18" front & rear or maybe only the rear is 18"....
                        Stock Suzuki spoke wheels are 1.85x19 and 2.50x18 using Takasago rims.

Comment

Working...
                        X