Honest opinion welcome on my seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honest opinion welcome on my seat

So I am looking for some honest opinions, you need to have a little foresight and imagination though.
    So I have been contemplating on what to do with the seat for my new build I wanted something a little different but still functional.
    After my last seat which I got horrible reviews on I am looking for some feedback on the next version.
    Again you will need a little imagination as it is only in mock up stage now......

Seat from last year

starting with a early Katana seat (its all ripped up on the other side)

Cut the nose off of it and stripped the ripped up cover

rough trimmed the bottom so it is straight and hit it with some black paint just so you can get the feel. Obviously it will get trimmed up nice and a nice cover of some sort maybe leather

Any thoughts or opinions? Fire them at me you arent going to hurt my feelings

Your seat looks nice. What is more important is how does it feel?
    If its comfortable for you then that is really all that matters.

Looks may be a concern but the seat looks normal to me.

Comment

the shape of the seat looks fine maybe move the rider cut out up a bit just doesnt look like its comfortable. look wise i'd move/trim the seat to make one continuous line with the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodik View Post
        the shape of the seat looks fine maybe move the rider cut out up a bit just doesnt look like its comfortable. look wise i'd move/trim the seat to make one continuous line with the tank.
        Excellent point on keeping the line with the tank. I will definitely look into that.

Comment

I was going to say "why do you care what everyone says about your first seat if you like it?"
          But then i saw it. (sorry)

The new one looks good, but i like the tank/seat line idea.
          Good luck.

Comment

it has similar stance to an EF seat, you may have to move your pegs back a fraction but IMHO it should be pretty comfy anyway, just get a dual density foam thing happening for a real sweet seat

Comment

Looks a lot better without the bum stop too. Echoing what others said about the tank/ seat line. I would move it up as close to the tank as possible.

Seat looks nice, but I think your engine may be missing some things

Comment

Originally posted by gsryder View Post
                So I am looking for some honest opinions, you need to have a little foresight and imagination though.
                So I have been contemplating on what to do with the seat for my new build I wanted something a little different but still functional.
                After my last seat which I got horrible reviews on I am looking for some feedback on the next version.
                Again you will need a little imagination as it is only in mock up stage now......

Seat from last year

starting with a early Katana seat (its all ripped up on the other side)

Cut the nose off of it and stripped the ripped up cover

rough trimmed the bottom so it is straight and hit it with some black paint just so you can get the feel. Obviously it will get trimmed up nice and a nice cover of some sort maybe leather

Any thoughts or opinions? Fire them at me you arent going to hurt my feelings
                I would have stayed with the original Katana seat shape with a new cover, but I'm more for form and function, than creativity....but since you asked.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Looks pretty good and as long as it's comfortable, that's what counts.

I think I'd left a bit more of the nose on the Kat seat so it would match the tank a bit better, but, all in all, good job.
                  Larry D
                  1980 GS450S
                  1981 GS450S
                  2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I like it.
                    I was also going to suggest something like an old T500 seat or like off an old Triumph or Norton.

Comment

Working...
                    X