Got creative with my side covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got creative with my side covers

First thanks Knowyourenemy66 for the side covers. . When they showed up they were perfect shape, and bright yellow. The wife threatened to throw them in the trash if I did not remedy this. So I wet sanded them smooth with 460 grit. Granted I am not painting my bike till winter, so I wanted somthing fast and easy. Down to Home Depot for some rustoleum, and I am set. First I shot them white, the rustoleum works great no yellow bleed through in two coats. Then I decided to get creative.

First they had to be tapped, and masked.

and then the final product! They came out pretty nice just for a quick rattle can job.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2010, 12:13 PM.

Awsome ! I have a rising sun on my helmet.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thats cool!!

I didn't take a before photo, but mine were just the brown normal side covers that came on our gs1100gk. One side cover was nasty broke, got some jb weld stuff, fixed it right up. Then just sanded them, used hammered rustoleum. Thought I got the blackish color, but it's more silver/grey....still look ok though. Better than what it was. Now I just need to paint the whole bike.

To bad I wasn't more creative though!!

Comment

Awesome!!!!

Comment

I like that real well.
          80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Job well done!

Comment

Pretty sweet. Lets see them on the bike!
              ---Eric

Comment

They look great! Glad you're happy with the covers. Now, how about a picture of the rest of the bike?

Comment

Working...
                X