82-83 GS1100E custom paint schemes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82-83 GS1100E custom paint schemes?

Please share your or a photo that you may come across of 82/83 Custom Paint schemes...

looking for some inspiration!

Kakku 831100E: Looks factory to me except for . . . never mind

or Isleoman iconic Silver & Red
    Last edited by srsupertrap; 07-18-2010, 08:05 PM. Reason: because
    1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
    Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

ugggh, Isleomans bike was THEE inspiration when I was hunting for my 1100E

and that blue and black one is sweet as heck as well. thanks for the pics.

Would like to see some more...

Comment

Well, if you're ever thinking of getting rid of those red parts ......

Comment

If it doesn't have to be two-tone, jet black also looks extremely sharp on the '82E (might not have the same effect on the '83E, with it's blacked out engine & cases). A search should bring up pics of Claude's (Solosuzuki's) beautiful bike.
          '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
          Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I know claude's bike all too well.... droool. I like the black too...

Honestly, I have several sets of body work at the moment and want to do something different. My red will stay stock.

Obviously with the shape of the tank, naturally the two tone paint job seems to look like the 750's, ES's / isleomans bike.

But what else....

I was thinking two tone with a racing stripe down the top of the tank, maybe off center a bit.

Maybe champagne for the body and orange (the suzuki logo orange) for the stripe.

I'm gonna take some shots of my bike tonight and start mocking things up for feedback..

Comment

Working...
            X