Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack on, rack off....

Hi,
    Are you a fan of rear racks? Do you use yours if you have one fitted??
    Are GSs more "retro" looking with or without them in your opinion?

One was on my 750e when I bought it last month. A chrome one.

I havnt taken if off yet to decide if I would rather it that way, but then I think it might come in handy at some stage.

Originally posted by Seanie View Post
    Hi,
    Are you a fan of rear racks? Do you use yours if you have one fitted??
    Are GSs more "retro" looking with or without them in your opinion?

One was on my 750e when I bought it last month. A chrome one.

I havnt taken if off yet to decide if I would rather it that way, but then I think it might come in handy at some stage.
    Pics, pics, pics!

Comment

Originally posted by kinnet View Post
      Pics, pics, pics!
      What she said.

Sometimes I wish I had one. Or a sissy bar, or something to put stuff on. Right now I have a backpack bungeed to the seat.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2010, 04:33 PM. Reason: gender error!

Comment

About the best one I have of rack

Comment

I have both a rack and saddle bags on the bike to often I need to pick up something small on the way home and they just make it so much more convenient.

Comment

Strange choice of name for the lass....... Before you know it she'll be borrowing your bike.

Plus another lady wearing pink slippers.... (but not as fluffy as Agemax's missus).

That's a very neat rack - I'd keep it on there.
            79 GS1000S
            79 GS1000S (another one)
            80 GSX750
            80 GS550
            80 CB650 cafe racer
            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Racks and bags make me barf.

Nothing is better than a naked muscle bike.

Comment

Personally, I dig it.

But I think that ultimately it is up to you. I would suggest at least keeping it, you never know when it will come in handy.

Comment

I have the rack you can see on my bike in the linked pic. Right now I have the backrest off of it and there is a plate attached to the rack for a Givi style trunk. I use the rack, trunk, saddle bags and a tank bag when I'm camping and I use the trunk alone pretty often for runs to the store.

/\/\ac

Comment

I do not like racks on bikes, or saddle bags. I have a couple differrent back packs and a tank bag. But I don't think bikes look good with them. Then again I am not a fan of the huge lollipop lights either. Which I plan on removing mine when I find a suitable replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Qckslvr View Post
                      I do not like racks on bikes, or saddle bags. I have a couple differrent back packs and a tank bag. But I don't think bikes look good with them. Then again I am not a fan of the huge lollipop lights either. Which I plan on removing mine when I find a suitable replacement.
                      I guess it depends on what you use the bike for. I don't really LIKE the full rack on my bike but I couldn't really travel on my bike without it. If I didn't tend to go out riding for days at a time it probably wouldn't be worth it to have a rack for a quick run to the store. On the other hand my next project is only going to have a seat for one.

/\/\ac

Comment

I am not a fan of racks either. I rode with a back pack computer bag bungeed to the passenger seat for a while..........It drove me crazy. I go this big ol cushy seat and I want to be able to use. I put the back rack on for my computer back pack for the commute to work. VERY much better.
                        Depends on what is most important looks better without rack .......more comfortable ride with rack.

Comment

Thing I don't like about a backpack worn on your back is the stuff inside could really do some damage to you should you be in an accident. Imagine a pen/pencil, toolset or loose screwdriver.

Seanie, your rack looks great and is hardly noticeable. Leave 'er on there, says I.

Comment

Between the tank bag and the rear rack, I can carry just about anything I need for around town. I think it looks fine and kinda elongates the lines on my 750L.
                            I think the rack on your bike looks fine and it WILL come in handy at some point.

Larry D
                            1980 GS450S
                            1981 GS450S
                            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I think I would rather it off, but then "its better looking at it then for it" as my father says.

I will pop it off later today to see how it looks anyway.

I know what you mean about lolipop lights, Im not a big fan of them either, but they do somehow go with these bikes. More modern indicators could take from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X