Mini headlight fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini headlight fairing

Anyone here a fan of the mini headlight fairings?
    I was looking through some pics in the gallery section, and though I never thought much of them in the past, some here have done really nice things using them, paint etc, and Im sure they work better at higher speeds.

Any makes that suit the GS more do you think? I might keep that option open...

I like em..
    Been tempted to put one on my 850 for quite some time.
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Was looking at "viper" ones on ebay, they would look nice on your 850..Kind of cafe/bobber stlye fairing...

Anyone have one?
      I wonder how they fit with original clocks etc...

Comment

This type of thing looks really cool ....

Comment

This is on my list to add on my 650E, probably make the move during winter and install it for next season. It looks very cool, thanks for teasing me. LOL

Comment

Yep, was thinking the same, to do it over the winter months. I have other more important things like brake hoses to sort out first, so when I have the spare cash I think I will get one, and if I dont like it on its easy sell it again I reckon.

My only worry is that they wouldnt fit too well withe standard clocks....

Comment

Originally posted by Seanie View Post
              The trick would be to find one that fits an 8" headlight.
              On my things to do list as well.
              McLoud
              '79 GS850
              `98 GSF1200 Bandit
              sigpic
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Originally posted by Seanie View Post

That looks good. For some reason I think a little mini fairing such as that changes the look of the entire bike.
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

One was on my bike when I bought it. They do work with the standard clocks. They sell them at J.C. Whitney.
                  '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I like them. I have been looking for one for my 450 for a while. I see the rounded ones like the above picture all the time.

I'm looking for one that has a more squared-off shape to match the rest of my bike, like the stock 450s fairing...

Comment

I have the EMGO fairing on my 550, click the link above ^

Comment

Originally posted by herostar View Post
                        I like them. I have been looking for one for my 450 for a while. I see the rounded ones like the above picture all the time.

I'm looking for one that has a more squared-off shape to match the rest of my bike, like the stock 450s fairing...

Maier fairing company makes a squared off shaped fairing, you cn find in @ JC Whitney.com I think it costs around $125.00

Comment

Mine's not the stock 450S fairing, but I found with this one on it directed the wind blast straight at my chest and it also seemed to make the steering feel a little heavier, so I took it off.

I think a more upright screen would be much better.

Hmmm seems I haven't uploaded mine to Photobucket yet, will have to do that before I can show y'all what I'm talking about
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Here is a picture of the Maier sport fairing... Anyone have pictures of int installed on a GS or painted?

Comment

Originally posted by herostar View Post
                              Here is a picture of the Maier sport fairing... Anyone have pictures of int installed on a GS or painted?

Several members have this fairing, hopefully they spot this thread and post pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X