Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody familiar with this engine guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody familiar with this engine guard?

The item was listed for a 1979 GS750 and the listing said "does not come with hardware but can be bought at any hardware store"... i recieved it today and this engine guard isnt even close to being able to fit on my bike! it goes near the headers but the bolt holes on the guard are not even close to the nearest bolt on my bike... it is a guard by "AMCO MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES" any tips would be awesome help thank you for looking!
    Last edited by GabrielGoes; 07-30-2010, 02:04 AM.
    Originally posted by tkent02
    That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
    John 3:16

I've got a similar highway bar on my bike. The top tabs are held onto the frame down tubes with u bolts. The bottom two are attached with a u bolt on the frame (you may need a small piece of straight stock and a bolt to get the proper fit).

Look at the link to the pics of my bike and you can sort of see how its mounted.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This shows the area in question

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2010, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X