Clubmans...Your kidding right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubmans...Your kidding right?

you absolutely have to be out of your mind to ride with clubmans! lol i put em on today not knowing what i was getting myself into and it is just rediculous... you basically are leaning over almost flat but you have to arch your back up just a tad bit (painful positio).... i guess highway riding with one had on the throttle aint so bad but with both hands on the bars forget about it... im 20 years old and with one day of riding with these clubmans i am ready to sell them... how do you guys deal with it? do you just lean on the tank with your stomach or something? this is madness!!
    Originally posted by tkent02
    That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
    John 3:16

rear sets help along with freakish long arms..

I got both

The low seat on the L also helps

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielGoes View Post
      you absolutely have to be out of your mind to ride with clubmans! lol i put em on today not knowing what i was getting myself into and it is just rediculous... you basically are leaning over almost flat but you have to arch your back up just a tad bit (painful positio).... i guess highway riding with one had on the throttle aint so bad but with both hands on the bars forget about it... im 20 years old and with one day of riding with these clubmans i am ready to sell them... how do you guys deal with it? do you just lean on the tank with your stomach or something? this is madness!!
      Cant ride clubmans without cutting the seat down, and rear set pegs.. or you'll be crippled in short order. BUT, flip those bad boys around and upside down. You'll see they frame the gauge cluster nice, and have a more sporty feel without being painfull...

Comment

After a few months you get use to the pain and then it is all worth while. Clubmans/clip-ons are made to be great at one thing, and being comfortable sure isn't it! Apart from the handling they look great and that must count for something?
        Shin-Ken 1074
        1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
        1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          Cant ride clubmans without cutting the seat down, and rear set pegs.. or you'll be crippled in short order. BUT, flip those bad boys around and upside down. You'll see they frame the gauge cluster nice, and have a more sporty feel without being painfull...
          well i wont be growing freakishly long arms anytime soon but i WILL flip them around! lol thanks for that tip!! i though it wouldnt work flipping them but now i know its acceptable in the GS world! btw my bike is the best!! lol i wonder how many people actually ride these vintage jap bikes? look around town and NOBODY has these bikes(kz's, cb's, gs's)! its all ninjas and harleys!! im gonna ride my gs untill it blows up
          Originally posted by tkent02
          That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
          John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielGoes View Post
            well i wont be growing freakishly long arms anytime soon but i WILL flip them around! lol thanks for that tip!! i though it wouldnt work flipping them but now i know its acceptable in the GS world! btw my bike is the best!! lol i wonder how many people actually ride these vintage jap bikes? look around town and NOBODY has these bikes(kz's, cb's, gs's)! its all ninjas and harleys!! im gonna ride my gs untill it blows up
            Gotta love these bikes! I bought mine with the intent of making a bobber; now I'm planning on a nice little resto-mod. Keep the original feel, albeit sportier, add some modern upgrades and presto! You've got a bike like no other!

Comment

I thought about clubmans hard last week, but ordered a drag bar instead...Cant wait to get it and fit them! Hate the ones I have now!

Comment

Different roads, for different blokes…

I'm 6'4" and I have Clubman bars on my '81 GS550T. They're comfortable and make turning easy and that's why I have them. I still sit higher than I would on a sport bike. I have ridden 4 hours on that bike.
                I have Daytona bars on my '82 GS1100G, because they're more comfortable for longer rides, but keep it easy to lower my shoulders for quick turns.
                Bill
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I thought about clubmans for my 850 cafething for a while but sorta decided against it.
                  Thinkin they might take some getting used to. Even still, wouldnt wanna do any iron butt rides with em but they do look good.
                  I've got drag bars on it now and they feel and look good. I've put about 12-1300 miles on em so far with no ill pains. My ass on the other hand....
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    I was thinking about doing this. Anyone got any pictures of how this looks?

Comment

Originally posted by Seanie View Post
                      I thought about clubmans hard last week, but ordered a drag bar instead...Cant wait to get it and fit them! Hate the ones I have now!
                      I have a flat-ish drag bar on mine and it kills my wrists pretty quick. I'll be dumping it soon.

Comment

I run clubmans, wouldn't recommend for long rides, but if you love the cafe style they are a must. Remember if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough!

Comment

Personally, I think clubman's look wrong upside down, because they look upside down. You might try a set of superbike bars, too. Lower than stock, extremely comfortable, and very reasonably priced.
                          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I love the clubmans on my GS750. Then again just about every bike I've owned had clip-ons. So the position is very reminicent of my GSXR. I am 6'2" with no seat mods, or rear sets.

best picture I have of them mounted

Comment

No, that would never do for me. Tendinitis in the elbows and all. I could see flipping them over though. I think that would look pretty cool.
                              Current Bikes:
                              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                              X