Turtle Wax Color Magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turtle Wax Color Magic

So my most recent bike is a '92 and the original paint is in real nice condition. Just a couple light scratches in the clear and some swirling from washing & waxing over the years. The bike is black so I bought a bottle of black Color Magic. I trust Turtle Wax, but the thing that concerns me are the tank decals & stripes. Is it gonna get into any light scratches on the decals and screw it up, or should I scrap that idea and get a can of rubbing compound then wax? It's almost not even worth doing cause it really looks pretty good, but if I could get it near mint, I'd take a shot.

Let us know how it works. I have some scratches on the black top of my GS850's gas tank. Turtle Wax makes Color Magic and Color Cure, which seem like the same product? I tried to find a bottle of black touch-up paint at the local Autozone today and finally gave up. Nothing was shelved properly, there was no black in stock, just some boutique grays and smoke and other poetic nonsense colors.

Comment

To get that paint job looking like factory new, or even better, you really need to go the full way and clay the paint to remove the swirl marks.
      We have a forum down here that covers detailing, lots and lots of good info in the forums, go have a look, you will be amazed what you can do to your bike for a couple of bucks and a Saturday.
      http://www.crazydetailer.co.za

Comment

Try some scratch & swirl remover, Just make sure u wash it first and finish it with a coat of wax. I'm a Detailer so if you got anymore Q's just ask.

Comment

3M handglaze will do wonders for scratches. Use a cloth diaper and light pressure with bit of speed to take the scratches right out.

Follow up with some Meg's #26.

Comment

Working...
          X