Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bar end mirrors.. Covering the stock mount hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar end mirrors.. Covering the stock mount hole?

OK for those who have gone with bar end mirrors what did you do with the bolt hole where the stock mirrors went?

I was going to get some stainless button head screws to fill em in but I can't find a 10Mx1.25 thread button head bolt to fit the hole..

All I can get in that size is a standard hex bolt.

I got a couple of plastic plugs from Yamaha, that were intended to cap off those holes if not used...go to the dealer, only a couple of bucks.

Comment

I found a couple of large, plastic screws at AutoZone, I think....the threads weren't correct, but who cares...its plastic and screwed right in...

I think you can see them in this picture...
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

depending on your bars you could also add a stud to hang your helmet on if you can find the right thread
        ---Eric

Comment

I added mirrors and still haven't addressed the stock mount holes. But now I'm off to the store to find plastic plugs. Thanks guys!!

Comment

1100gk's had plugs in them, also Honda gl500 silverwings.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Good to know.. thanks

I wonder if these will work

Comment

Plastic Plugs

The 1000s used plastic plugs in the stock mount holes. Got mine from Bike Bandit when I ordered some parts.
                80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Working...
                X