Windjammer mounted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windjammer mounted.

Well, Skullman came through for me (and so did Chuck Hahn...now I have two harnesses ) and I finally got the fairing mounted today. Yeah, it looks huge compared to having ridden it with a naked front for a while, and there defiinitely is a slight noticeable difference in the acceleration, but man it sure feels good not to have the wind blast. I'm diggin' it. I know...pics will come.
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Love my 'Jammer!

Regards,

Comment

Rode into to work today. Nice. Gonna be a scorcher though. I just noticed this morning that the windshield is not as tall as the one I had before on my other 1000G. On the old one I looked through the windshield. On this one, I'm just looking over it. I wasn't aware there were different height options with these things. Just a tad helmet buffeting going on. I may have to get a taller one. Or....cut this one down some. Hate to do that though.
      Current Bikes:

Comment

New windshields are available. You can probably go to eBay, but a very reliable source is Vetter.

Check out the windshield ordering page on their site.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I believe JCWhitney sells replacement windshields for the Windjammer, too.

Comment

Yeah, I was aware of the options. I was hoping not to have to do that though.
            Current Bikes:

Comment

Now all you need is this set of lowers i have in my storgae unit...if thats your thing. got two radios for that fairing as well..One is even the original AM / FM with the push buttons.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

man....some people can't wait to get those things off...some can't wait to put them on...

Comment

I have a complete one with the lowers mentioned..just dont think i will ever use it though. Thing is it cost an arm and a leg to ship these monsters too
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                    Now all you need is this set of lowers i have in my storgae unit...if thats your thing. got two radios for that fairing as well..One is even the original AM / FM with the push buttons.
                    Does it work? Can I have it for mine? PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                      Well, I had lowers for the one on my first 1000G, and only used them once when it was really cold. So, I kinda doubt I'd use them. Do you have the radio housing? I've pm'd TCK to see if he had one since he's just down the road. If he doesn't, and you do, maybe we can work something out.
                      Current Bikes:

Comment

Yeah the radio works..has the buttons you pull out on to set the station and there are either 3 AM button and 2 FM or vise versa..I havent looked at it in quit a while, but yup it works.

Comment

OK guys..I have TWO radios... one is the older 70s one that had been asked about earlier..The other one is a Cycle Sounds one. Both with good speakers and working. I will ahve to go to the unit to get refreshed on the deatils ..LOL. I just keep having to move them all the time!!+

Comment

I have an extra Cyclesound housing as well. It does NOT have a radio in it, or any accessories - just the shell. Four inch speakers with round grills will work just fine in it, and on my 1100G I used a marine style flexible rubber-coated antenna purchased from Radio Shack. It is not too difficult to make a modern stereo work in the housing - you may have to fabricate a few brackets to hold it steady inside, but not a terribly difficult project.

If anybody is interested in the housing feel free to PM me. I believe I also have a set of original instructions somewhere too, so I can copy those in order to provide "hints" on how to make it all work. Actually, now that I think about it I believe you can view and download the OEM manuals from Craig Vetter's website - www.craigvetter.com

Regards,
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

That does look cool. Was there much mucking about to install it?

Comment

Working...
                              X