My Homemade forward controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Homemade forward controls

ok so i didnt make them yet and im not currently making them for my GS but i will be making a set for the GS aswell but for right now this is for my vs1400

anyway heres the basic idea that im going to start on, what ya think?

materials planned are 3/4" sch 80, plate steel, few grade 8 bolts (thru a hollow peg and into the nut welded into the sch 80) some copper bushings for the foot controls

mine... home made..

Comment

Originally posted by Henryinva View Post
      mine... home made..
      I'm sure that doesn't do much for handling and it also doesn't look HOME MADE.

Nice work.

Comment

I love those henryinva I have had builders block on my Z1 chopper all summer -forward controls- I am thinking about using some snap on double box end wrenches but, when I saw yours I threw away my sketches.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          I'm sure that doesn't do much for handling and it also doesn't look HOME MADE.

Nice work.
          Handling! We dont need no steenking handling!

Home made depends on what ya got in the garage!

Comment

well i got them half way done, just working on the pedals now.

so far i have $10 into this and thats just nylon bushings and grade 8 hardware. oh btw the sch80 is 3/4 ID 1" OD. i know sch80 is overkill but thats what i had laying around lol

Comment

Originally posted by NetBSD View Post
              well i got them half way done, just working on the pedals now.

so far i have $10 into this and thats just nylon bushings and grade 8 hardware. oh btw the sch80 is 3/4 ID 1" OD. i know sch80 is overkill but thats what i had laying around lol
              BTW your pics did not show up.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                BTW your pics did not show up.

i didnt take any pics of them on the bike yet......

Comment

ok so plans have changed. heres what im working with

and heres how i made the pivit points

some wheels i got at home depot for $4

cut them up a bit

3/8" nylon locknut----5/8" outer 1/2" inner steel spacer----1/2" outer 3/8" inner spacer (little longer then the other)---- 3/8" by 1 1/2" bolt........all stainless

put together

decided not to go the route with the foot levers so i figured id try this out

Comment

Now thats getting creative and working with what you have..Thats cool...love the zipties for mock-up..good idea!

DDM

Comment

I'm not sure how well the zip ties will hold up. You might want to get some bigger ones

Comment

can't wait to see the end result. you might be able to sell a few sets on here if yours come out good!

Comment

You started out by saying that your materials would include "Schedule 80", and I'm thinking "yeah, PVC plastic, that's the hot ticket".

Then I see the iron pipe in there and said "oh, OK".

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                          X