Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wess cooley frond fender brackets pictures please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wess cooley frond fender brackets pictures please.

I am trying to work out where the brackets bolt on to the frame/front end to hold a Wess Cooley front Cowling, before i order them to see if it also works on my bike.
    My bike is a GS1000 G (shafty) that I would like to bolt the Cowling on to.
    (I already bought the Cowling by the way.)
    Thanking you for your kind help

I don't have any pictues, but I seriously doubt that the G will have the mounting points you desire.

You WILL have to fabricate.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The mounts bolt to the triple clamps so if the G and E/S are similar it should work.

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thank you for the pics!
        Indeed it is the same and will work!
        Now I can order a set!

Here it sits as of just now.

So from what I deduct is that the front bottom chrome trim also dissapears to the obsolete parts bin!
        Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2010, 03:03 AM.

Comment

So what else is in that shed? RG500 road bike and a TZ350C? Shame you own a cat or is that for oil spills? Thanks

Comment

Can not show you as I would be banned I understand.
            Only GS suzuki's are alowed here.
            No, I do not own a katana that leaks oil!

Tried to order these brakets in an USA shop, parts US$54 sweet, UPS freight US$115, not sweet, for les than 500grams.
            What is it with UPS trying to charge exorbitant shipping prices?
            Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2010, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
              Shame you own a cat or is that for oil spills?
              Originally posted by Coolshaft View Post
              No, I do not own a katana that leaks oil!
              I believe he was referring to the multiple bags of kitty litter stacked on the far wall in the first picture.

Can not show you as I would be banned I understand.
              Only GS suzuki's are alowed here.
              On the contrary, that is only the common thread that brings us together.
              We enjoy pictures of just about any bike.

Tried to order these brakets in an USA shop, parts US$54 sweet, UPS freight US$115, not sweet, for les than 500grams.
              What is it with UPS trying to charge exorbitant shipping prices?
              How about USPS or FedEx? Not sure if FedEx goes overseas, but I know that USPS is sometimes MUCH cheaper, especially for a light-weight package such as yours.

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Well, I have these 2 inside, and a Barry Sheene RG500 recreation that is nearly finnished will join these 2

waiting on panels to be finnished at the paint Ninja magic man.

got one of these, made in honour of the 250/350 WC winning bikes.

Mike Hailwood celebration by Honda V

Couple more 4 cil strokers plus a Duc 900SSIE

and a few more.
                If this is not wanted, just take them out or I can edit them away no problem, I do not want to cause problems here in any way or form and will abide by the rules of this forum.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Top collection there, as I recall, our local boy Kork Ballington won the 250/350title on that Kawa in 1978 and 1979 for a double, as far as I know he now lives out on your side of the pond in Brizzy, another South African local boy, Jon Ekerold was one of the few riders to beat the Kawasaki factory works team on a privateer TZ350 in a Bimota frame when he beat Anton Mang in 1980 if I am not mistaken.

I have had an S fairing on my G for years, and it fits, no problem, I do not have the original mounts, had to fabricate my own, but mounted the same, to the triple clamps.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

If this is not wanted, just take them out or I can edit them away no problem, I do not want to cause problems here in any way or form and will abide by the rules of this forum.
                    I don't know of ANYONE that would want to ban those pictures.

Nice enough to see some bikes we don't see very often, even better that it's one of our own.

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride

Comment

Restored this V one foor a friend back to factory delivery specs

Sadly for you in USA these bikes are not very often seen on your roads.
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I have NEVER seen pics of non-GS bikes cause a problem here, Coolshaft.
                        Great collection you have there.
                        I have a couple CBXs...how about another pic or two of yours.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Comment

COOLshaft old maaaate .................
                            I'll be right around with the trailer ......... shortly .
                            Looks like a lot of work and "passion" has gone into that lot .
                            It's a pitty our money grubbing governments wont allow multiple bikes on one rego .
                            I guess you don't get to ride them as much as you would like .
                            You could (until recently) get the fairing mounts from Alphasports but I see they're no longer available .
                            Give this bloke a call . Mark Geering (02) 66623100 . I met him at The Island last year . Seemed genuine and VERY knowlegable about things GS. He reckonned he could get "unbotanium" but I've never dealt with him .
                            He built this ....................

Anyway , welcome and thanks for sharing . Let us know how you get on . I could use a set myself ('79) .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Last time I checked, Bike Bandit still sold the original mounts. It would be way easier than trying to fabricate them.
                              1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                              X