Broke a saddlebag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke a saddlebag

So the GS attacked my other bike, and got its az-kik'd. I need some help with solutions...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is it possible to repair? I figure probably not, so, is it going to be tough to replace? Is it possible to get some turn signals and just live without the hardbags for now?

If the pieces snap back to their orig spot you could fix that with some structural epoxy. Check RS Hughes or Grainger for some Henkel / Loctite commercial epoxy like 9460. Might consider a glass fabric on the inside too. One hinge looks like an easy pin fix. The other one might need an aluminum reinforcement and some epoxy. Gonna need paint after that.....
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

If you have a paint supply house close by you could see if they carry this stuff.

It is pricey but I work with a guy that does body work on the side and swears by this stuff to repair any type of plastic or fiberglass. I think there are videos on the web site showing tests of the seam strength.

Comment

Working...
      X