GS1150 case guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 case guards

Are the GS1150 case guards made of square tubeing (see picture) an aftermarket item or an original Suzuki part? Either way they seem to be fairly scarce and highly desired.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2010, 06:18 PM.

Originally posted by gregr View Post
    Are the GS1150 case guards made of square tubeing (see picture) an aftermarket item or an original Suzuki part? Either way they seem to be fairly scarce and highly desired.
    I saw some on Fleabay a couple of weeks ago. First time I had seen them, but I can't say I that they add to the look of the bike.

What sort (model) of belly pan do you have on yours?

Comment

I actually get a lot of positive comments on the case guards from admirers of the bike. Most have not seen them but seem to like them. I think the square tubing, matching the down tubes of the frame is key.
      I do not know what belly pan that is. It was on the bike when purchased from a deceased PO's estate. I have had it off several times but there are no markings.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Those are a customer add-on. They're actually welded to the down tubes.

Comment

The ones on two of my GS1150's are not welded on. They fasten onto two existing bolts and one U-bolt. No revision to frame at all.

Comment

Those look like an after market version of what Suzuki offered. The ones from Suzuki an indent running the length of the guard. The fische shows one long bolt instead of U-bolts.
            No longer available from Suzuki, part # 94200-00811, they do come up on e-bay from time to time.
            The Three Horsemen
            '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
            '83 GS1100ES
            ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
            Porkchop Express

Comment

the lower cowl is an ABS generic belly.
              i have worked on a couple standard suzuki's with these mounted.
              most people trim these to fit there application.
              dennis kirk or jc whitney and KK cycle supply may be a place to look.
              this was a long time ago when i ran into these.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                the lower cowl is an ABS generic belly.
                i have worked on a couple standard suzuki's with these mounted.
                most people trim these to fit there application.
                dennis kirk or jc whitney and KK cycle supply may be a place to look.
                this was a long time ago when i ran into these.
                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X