Bolt on footpeg problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt on footpeg problem...

I just put a set of engine guards on my 82 650 and I bought these pegs to mount on them: www.jpcycles.com/product/5300424?N=28003097+28003198
    Well I'm having a hard time getting them tightened enough so that they dont twist around when I put my feet on them. They're not the highest quality pegs, and I'm afraid I will brake or strip the bolt or threads. Plus the bracket bends alot when I get them tight. If anyone else has had similar problems with this type of peg, let me know how you resolved the issue. Thanks...

Just a thought, why not try fitting them as you want them to be, test for comfort, then drill a hole through the bracket at the apex of the bend, and into the crash bar.Then secure a fair sized pop rivet in there, the rivet will stop it from rotating around the crash bar, and is easily drilled out if you want to remove them.That way the bolt and mounting hardware can secure them without having to tighten it so tight to stop it rotating that it bends the bracket.

Comment

Thats a good idea, I also thought about just drilling a whole through the bar and mounting the peg straight to that without the bracket. Problem is I dont have a nice drill, a riveter, or a decent workbench to do this simple project...

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      Just a thought, why not try fitting them as you want them to be, test for comfort, then drill a hole through the bracket at the apex of the bend, and into the crash bar.Then secure a fair sized pop rivet in there, the rivet will stop it from rotating around the crash bar, and is easily drilled out if you want to remove them.That way the bolt and mounting hardware can secure them without having to tighten it so tight to stop it rotating that it bends the bracket.

Comment

I am sure sure one of the members out your way has a drill they can pop around your place with and help out with the 20 minute job, a nice ride out for lunch afterwards to test the pegs would be in order.....methinks.
        Anyone??????????

Comment

Originally posted by Genuinedrummer View Post
          Problem is I dont have a nice drill, a riveter, or a decent workbench to do this simple project...
          A decent drill isn't that expensive. Start a tool collection, and you'll thank yourself later. In just one or two projects, it will pay for itself.

Comment

Working...
          X