Best exhaust wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best exhaust wax?

Has anyone found a good heat resistant wax OR a good way to keep the exhaust, especially the header pipe, looking good?
    The original exhaust on my latest G is in perfect condition and I'd like to keep it that way.
    Thanks,
    Willie
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

No wax. Autosol should do the job.
    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

So? This stuff goes on after the crude is off, or does it clean too?
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by officerbill View Post
        So? This stuff goes on after the crude is off, or does it clean too?
        Bill
        It will clean off road grime, light rust etc. without much effort....it polishes to a pretty brilliant shine & protects too (no, I'm not affiliated to the company). My tube is over 10 years old...had no chrome on my bike, but it works great to clean & polish the stainless exhaust system I recently put on, with minimal effort. I have used it on chrome in the past, and it always gave good results.... to the point that I've never used anything else, since. I have heard good things about products like Blue Job etc. too, but never tried them.
        '82 GS1100E

Comment

I ran the wheel and the black stick all over the aluminum to bring back a shine, now it looks like it needs it again. I figured there had to be a stuff to keep the shine. So, just hose her down and then shine with this stuff? No polishing wheels and special grit sticks etc?
          Bill

Comment

It isn't as aggressive as the black stick, but it will work to maintain that shine quite easily, esp. if you use it with any regularity. I used a tiny dime-size amount on a rag to clean with, and another clean cloth take it off & polish....you could use a buffing wheel for better results, but it isn't necessary. It will leave a thin protective layer that beads water etc., but the only way to prevent oxidation of your alu. parts for the long term, would be to apply some clear coat to seal them.
            '82 GS1100E

Comment

i use wizard shine master its a breathable wax/cleaner. works very well in my opinion. i use it on my whole bike
              Home How To Use Wizards® SHINE MASTER™ SHINE MASTER™
              WIZARDS® SHINE MASTERPOLISH & BREATHABLE SEALANT is a one step cleaner, polish and breathable paint sealant. It is recommended as a wax replacement, swirl mark remover or finishing glaze by hand or machine for the professional body shop technician as well as the average consumer. This polish contains a special polymer blend that provides an impressive high gloss on all types of paint: factory, custom, foreign and domestic. SHINE MASTER is safe and recommended for clear coats, stripes and decals. It also performs excellent on fiberglass, lexan, plexiglass and other non-porous surfaces.
              This unique formula is NOT water-soluble and won’t wash away like most hand glazes and waxes. Its waterproof UV barrier protects from hard water spotting, acid rain, sun fading and more.
              SHINE MASTER is body shop recommended as the finishing step to the WIZARDS TURBO CUT and FINISH CUT buffing system. It contains no wax or free silicones and has been safely applied to freshly painted surfaces in shops for years.
              SHINE MASTER’s ease of use, gloss, and durability truly makes it the professional’s first choice.
              If you can use any type of swirl mark remover, hand glaze or wax you can use SHINE MASTER. Just remember to follow paint manufacturers’ recommended dry times and don’t rush the process.

Comment

Working...
              X