po gsxr conversion wheel questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

po gsxr conversion wheel questions

Whats up guys? The title says most of it. What i was told by my po is that my 82 1100e has the rear wheel and entire front end off of a 96 gsxr 750. I originally wanted to put some old school wire wheels on it. Ive heard this could turn into a big problem. After some brainstorming i've got the idea to put some sharp new "blade" type wheels on the bike. I know they make rims like these, because i see them on crotch rockets often. I figure since my bike has the wheels of its crotch rocket decendants.... this swap would work out well as long as i found some wheels that would fit the 96.

What are your opinions of this in general? Is this as straight forward as it sounds to me? Who are some good manufactures in your guys opinions?

Thanks!

I would go with your original idea...wire wheels. I'll trade you a stock front end and a wire wheel set for your GSXR setup

Comment

Hey, are you FAstEddie in Montreal? (EDIT) sorry, didn't see your location. Do you now how hard it is to build a bike when your blind?

'96 gixxer wheels are 24mm axles, rear is 6" wide, front wheel has flat rotors not dished with no speedo drive and they are straight spokes. What do yours look like?

My vote is the gsxr wheels
      Last edited by katman; 09-20-2010, 03:32 AM.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

If you want custom wheels in the same size that's fine, but with the updated brakes, suspension, and wheels it's a no-brainer. If you've gotten used to the way it rides you'll be disappointed going back closer to stock.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to stick with the newer style... I do like it. I am curious though about the manufactures of some of these nice rims. I see hyabusas running around on some nice stuff pretty regular. Surely there must be some similar wheels that would fit my bike. Any suggestions on manufactures?

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddieu View Post
            Yeah, I'm going to stick with the newer style... I do like it. I am curious though about the manufactures of some of these nice rims. I see hyabusas running around on some nice stuff pretty regular. Surely there must be some similar wheels that would fit my bike. Any suggestions on manufactures?
            PM, Performance Machine
            Dymag
            Marchesini
            Marvic

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              PM, Performance Machine
              Dymag
              Marchesini
              Marvic
              http://hardracing.com/Catalog.htm

Thanks man... I'll check it out