No announcement yet.

New speakers/covers for the Vetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was aware of that, but the way you responded it sounded like you were "voicing" concern over the stereo as well...

Regarding my stereo, I have an Insignia, which I bought at Target. It's decidedly less powerful than your unit but, notwithstanding the tiny speakers, I've been very pleased with it.

The only issue I've ever had, and it's not the fault of the company, is that when I hit VERY big bumps the faceplate contacts occasionally lose contact with the head unit and the radio turns off/resets. When I power it up again it picks up where it left off.

After five years and many miles in all weather it has performed great! My favorite feature is the USB port, which lets me plug in any usb memory stick with .mp3 files on it and play them directly through the stereo (I think I may have mentioned this to you in a previous post).

I'd buy another Insignia without any reservations...

Oh, by the way, my speakers are not technically waterproof either, but they've done just fine over the years. I suspect that as long as your speakers are not paper they'll probably stand up to years of "weather" before you need to replace them. Obviously though, a cover or shield to keep water from pooling in the lower speakers would be a plus, since they face up, much more than the four inchers.

Regards,
    Last edited by Guest; 09-26-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Insignia. Thanks, I'll have to check them out. It pains me to return this stereo because it does sound very nice, and loud. But, I get agitated every time it cuts out.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Dave, I finally got around to posting up a project thread on the LED brake light upgrade I made to my KG trunk. You can find it here ... Click Me!

Regards,

Comment

Why not switch to LED turn signals and the appropriate flasher? They shouldn't draw enough power to have any effect on the stereo.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Why not switch to LED turn signals and the appropriate flasher? They shouldn't draw enough power to have any effect on the stereo.
            By the time he converts all the regular bulbs to LED (with appropriate flasher) he'll have spent the equivalent of another stereo. Don't get me wrong ... I love the idea of switching everything over to LED's, but at the end of the day this stereo simply isn't optimized for use with our "less capable" electrical systems. I think the decision to go with a more "fuel efficient" head unit is the best long term solution.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
            X