Gs450l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs450l

Hey guys. I just bought an 82 GS450L for my wife. I'm not familiar with the 450 series at all (I have an 850 - see below) so I gotta ask silly questions - like this one. How do I lift off the seat? It looks like it lifts from the front but I cna't figure out how. My 850 opens from the right side, but this guy is different.

Thanks in advance

Jim

Originally posted by Buster-boy View Post
    Hey guys. I just bought an 82 GS450L for my wife. I'm not familiar with the 450 series at all (I have an 850 - see below) so I gotta ask silly questions - like this one. How do I lift off the seat? It looks like it lifts from the front but I cna't figure out how. My 850 opens from the right side, but this guy is different.

Thanks in advance

Jim

manual is probably available at the basscliff website

Comment

I have an E which has a key latch on the rear cowling, but I think the L's are bolted on at the rear.

I'm pretty sure it won't lift off the front as I'm pretty sure they're all the same at the front in that there's a frame rail there the seat slides onto.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Yours is 2 years newer than mine so it might be different.

On my 1980 GS450L, remove the two 13 mm bolts above the turn signals on both sides. Once the bolt is removed, push the screw in and it should come out. Once that is done, lift the seat up.

Here's how mine looks.

This tab slides under the frame rail...

Shown here.

These two tabs have a bolt that goes through it. They also hold up the turn signals.
        Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Yup!! That's the ticket!! Thanks guys!!

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X