Pit-Replica Seat Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit-Replica Seat Covers

Rather than continue a months long thread which culminated in my acquiring a seat cover for my 83 GS1100E (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=162036), I thought I would start a fresh thread which concerns only Pit-Replica, which is the company who supplied my cover.
    Introduction
    A few months ago I went on a quest for an exact duplicate for my 83 GS1100E. None of the American manufacturers were interested, so I went abroad. Mysuzyq referred me to Pit-Replica, an eBay seller with an eBay store. I contacted them and they agreed to make me a "free" cover if I sent them mine. Several months later I received my cover, and the following posts show the cover on my seat pan and foam.
    Group Buy Offer
    I asked them if they would give us a group discount if we purchased in quantity. They responded in the affirmative, offering a 30% discount if we had an order of 10 or more covers. The best part is that they told me we can mix seat covers, in other words a couple of 1100E covers, a 550L cover, a 850G cover, etc. IMHO, this is a good deal. However, I decline to manage the group buy. I leave that to someone who still needs a cover or two.
    Best of luck, and now the pictures of the cover will follow.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2010, 10:11 PM.

First, the victim:

The atomic foam (high density foam) for a bit firmer bottom:

bwringer working his magic. I wanted to help, but he had things well in hand. And knife.

Comment

The cover. Little did it know what was in store for it this night:

Some friends came by to play:

The seam of death has been stitched, as requested:

Comment

Left side:

Right side:

From the rear:

There is a bit hanging down in the rear; that is where the locking tab will go when I take it from the Corbin.

Comment

Summary

There is a bit of a wrinkle at the front on either side; if it fails to work itself out I may go back and try again. I suspect it just needs a bit of seat time.
          The vinyl appears to be of good quality, and the liner was a nice touch. They really tried to match the original exactly, and I think they did a pretty good job. The fact that they stitched the seam of death shows that they actually listened to what I had to say.
          I really like the way it looks, and if you want an original look seat for 30% off, I think you should go for it.

Best of luck, kk

Comment

Nice thread, George! It looks like they did a very good job of duplicating the original (and improving it, per your request)! I look forward to seeing how well they duplicate the GK cover I'm sending them...

Regards,
            Steve

Comment

WOW!!!

Gotta go with the million dollar question...how much?

My 650L could stand a new seat cover to make it "just right", what "might" it set me back?

REALLY NICE WORK! Both you and them.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                Group Buy Offer
                I asked them if they would give us a group discount if we purchased in quantity. They responded in the affirmative, offering a 30% discount if we had an order of 10 or more covers. The best part is that they told me we can mix seat covers, in other words a couple of 1100E covers, a 550L cover, a 850G cover, etc. IMHO, this is a good deal. However, I decline to manage the group buy. I leave that to someone who still needs a cover or two.
                Best of luck, and now the pictures of the cover will follow.
                Im quite sure they do not offer a 550L cover... At least they wont until they receive mine in the mail (any day now) and replicate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                  Gotta go with the million tdollar question...how much?

My 650L could stand a new seat cover to make it "just right", what "might" it set me back?

REALLY NICE WORK! Both you and them.
                  Thanks. Their prices vary slightly, but the 1100E cover is selling for $80 on eBay. 30% off that would be $56.

Comment

Maybe I'll just leave this right here....

With more than 30years of upholstery experience, we produce only the best quality and professionally hand crafted replica seat cover of the original in every detailed aspects to ensure a total facelift of your bikes’ originality outlook and perfect fit over stock foam and original pan

That should take care of a few questions....

Comment

Thanks for the write-up & pics, that does look excellent!
                      I did notice the little wrinkle in the front, but I'm thinking it can only be beneficial to have a tiny bit of 'give' in that critical area, so I wouldn't worry about it, (if it turns out to be the case with my cover too). Kudos to them, for humoring us with the request for reinforcement @ the problem seam. I'm in for one, as I indicated in the other thread....don't think it will be a problem, getting the required minimum of 10. Hopefully, we can set up a purchase code to allow members to proceed with orders, one we have enough interest.
                      '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                      Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I could use a stock 78 skunk cover.
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Looks good! I would be interested in an 82/83 1100e cover.
                          1982 GS1000S Katana
                          1982 GS1100E

Comment

I could use a '82 GS750E cover.

Comment

So what is going on about a group buy?????

Comment

Working...
                              X